VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Okay, I have an .avi file that I wanted to convert to DVD. I will detail as much as possible about the file below:

VIDEO
    Video Codec - XviD
    BitRate - 1404 kb/s
    FPS - 9.970
    Qf - 0.148 bits/pixel (dont know what this is, im getting all of the info from GSpot)

AUDIO
    Audio Codec - ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
    BitRate - 192 kb/s (96/ch x 2 ch) CBR
    Fs - 48000 Hz

Thats as much as I can find out from GSpot, would VDub glean more information?

I wanted to convert to a MPG 2 file with the following settings:
    converted using VBR MPEG Layer II Audio (MP2)

Resolution - 720x576
    Ave. VBR - 7875 (with Auto setting checked)
    Audio Bitrate - 384

But when DVD Source Creator finished encoding the avi to an mpg, there was no sound! Does anyone know what happened? Just for testing purposes I used VDub to strip about 10 minutes from the file, and then went through the exact same process, and again no sound. I thought that it may have been a problem with DVD Source creator, so I used TMPEGEnc Plus 2.5 to extract 10 minutes from a VCD compliant mpeg 1 file.

This time there was no loss of sound at all! So I know that DVD Source crator is not the problem! The sound also plays fine on the original avi file!

Thanks in advance!
    Yours,
    Beev
    Quote Quote  
  2. Also, I just looked under the file info in VDub and under audio stream it says that the compression is unknown, with tag 2000 (whatever that means!)

Hope this extra info helps.

Yours,
    Beev
    Yours,
    Beev
    Quote Quote