VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a DVD from a friend of mine; it is "Elmo's World - Dancing, Music, & Books". I don't have any information on how the DVD was ripped, but I could probably ask my friend, if more information is needed. About 19 minutes into the program, I get some glitchy frames, and then the video freezes, and the sound glitches and kinda jumps. This goes on for around 20 minutes, and then stops, and continues like normal. I have included a mpg that shows where it starts and what it looks like. In the mpg, the video doesn't freeze, but it keeps glitching until I stopped recording. One thing I did notice, is that when I put the folder with all the files in DVD Shrink, it gave me an error, saying it couldn't find "VTS_02_1.VOB". When I downloaded it, there was no VTS_02_1.VOB; I'm not sure if that matters at all, I'm just letting you know. If a longer sample is needed, or more info is needed, let me know, and I'll try my best.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Rugratskid View Post
    I got a DVD from a friend of mine; it is "Elmo's World - Dancing, Music, & Books". I don't have any information on how the DVD was ripped, but I could probably ask my friend, if more information is needed. About 19 minutes into the program, I get some glitchy frames, and then the video freezes, and the sound glitches and kinda jumps. This goes on for around 20 minutes, and then stops, and continues like normal. I have included a mpg that shows where it starts and what it looks like. In the mpg, the video doesn't freeze, but it keeps glitching until I stopped recording. One thing I did notice, is that when I put the folder with all the files in DVD Shrink, it gave me an error, saying it couldn't find "VTS_02_1.VOB". When I downloaded it, there was no VTS_02_1.VOB; I'm not sure if that matters at all, I'm just letting you know. If a longer sample is needed, or more info is needed, let me know, and I'll try my best.
    Your friend is (arguably) allowed to make backups for his or her own use. When he or she starts handing out copies, it is almost certainly illegal and against forum rules to discuss.

Buy your own legal, commercial copy.
    Last edited by smrpix; 30th Nov 2014 at 07:25.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Actually, I had the money for it, but I couldn't buy it online or have it shipped to me. He bought it and had it shipped to his house, and then sent me a copy, and that was it. I still did buy it with my money, and I have no plans to release the disc elsewhere. I just had nowhere to ship it (he offered to use his address), and didn't have a way to purchase it off Amazon. I have no idea what he did with the disc after I got a copy, and it's not really my concern.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rugratskid View Post
    Actually, I had the money for it, but I couldn't buy it online or have it shipped to me. He bought it and had it shipped to his house, and then sent me a copy, and that was it. I still did buy it with my money, and I have no plans to release the disc elsewhere. I just had nowhere to ship it (he offered to use his address), and didn't have a way to purchase it off Amazon. I have no idea what he did with the disc after I got a copy, and it's not really my concern.
    That doesn't matter. You only have a copy. Your friend owns the original now. Your copy is still warez per the forum rules
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 30th Nov 2014 at 15:20.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!