VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a driver for win 8.1to operate SOMAGIC's SMI graber?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are many smi grabbers and the same for drivers ... you need to be more specific about the device in question.

What the device is known as ... if it was purchased new then what was its name, ie easycap DC60++

Next is chipset, these change often ... Belarc Advisor has an extensive driver base which should be able to determine the chipset used by the device.

With name and chipset known, even then if drivers are found there's no guaranty that it's compatible with windows 8 ... Might look at hauppauge or avermedia's range as there well supported.

Microsoft loves killing off older working hardware.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rhanks Jbs for you quick answer!
    The device is new, I purchased it at ebay
    The hardwore name is " EasyCapture USB 2.0 Video Adapter with Audio" without any addition to the name!
    Meantime I have problems to install it on Windows 7 professional wich one is indicated as one of the required O.S
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uninstall the drivers and software if already installed.

Reboot system.

Reinstall software from accompanying disc , reboot ... only connect the device if asked by installer or after reboot.

Hopefully the video side of the device installs ... the audio part requires driver update from ms.

----

Have a look in the program folder where the software installs and check for driver folder ... there should be inf files and other text files ... open them in notepad ... the driver inf should indicate os ... it may also include data related to the chipset of the device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bjs, Thanks for you respons!
    Unfortunately after tryin several times what your suggested, still I can't complete the installation!
    during the "Driver instalatio" phase from the disk, after the installation is complited, it does not askme to connect the device, therefor as you suggested Irebooted the computer and connected the device, some times I got the "nev device was detected" note, started instalaling, but after some time got a note saying the device instalation failed" some othe time it didn't refound the device at all!
    I looke in the driver file, bu tit is empty!
    What is this mean?
    I contacted the seller by email, and waiting to their solution, after I sent some scree shoots of the device manager. They supposed to answer after the weekend
    Regards
    Dov
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!