VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I got a few *mts files. two questions.

1. When I have cut out a scene in the middle by setting A and B and hitting delete, then I go to "save video to...", but what do I have to choose, where it says "format"? It offers me avi, though my video is obviously mpeg in a mts-container. (letting it use avi results in a text file of about the same size as the source video.)

2. after have saved several cutted mts videos, how do I "glue" them together?

THANKS!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    1. Save as a mpg....mpeg-ts. Or can you only choose avi? Be sure to choose copy under video and audio.

2. Open the video and then use file - > append to open the rest. Save as new mpg.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 27th Dec 2014 at 14:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    COPY
    COPY
    MPEG-TS
    should to it?.....if you cut on key frames that is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for your replies!

when I choose "mpeg-ts (A+V)", I get a file, that is said to be "plain text" and QT can't play it either. However, when I open this newly saved file with Avidemux it asks me again, if I want to index this mpeg file. Once it's been indexed it can be played with VLC.

Appended is, what I can choose as available output formats.

It (the source and the result) plays choppy in VLC, I would like to test other formats. If I choose mp4, will this be mp4 or still mpeg-TS, but in a mp4 container? (it can't be the bitrate, since VLC played double higher bitrates fluently and even in the same format. Although, I am wondering at the moment, if it not has been mpeg-PS, that it played better in the past.)
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First thing.....rename the (output) file to .mpg....or .ts(?)
    Second thing......if the source plays "choppy"....I need to ask where these .mts files came from.

AviDemux is a fantastic program for simple cutting, one of the best of the FREE ones in my opinion.....but if the source file is goofy then it's not going to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Heh, how could I forget. Renaming did the job! Thank you.

I turns out, now that I manually appended .mpeg to a file that I created as mpeg-PS, it is playable in VLC without stuttering. I tried putting .mts or mpeg to the mpeg-TS file I created (from the same source), but that was stuttering in VLC. So it appears VLC has problems with Transport streams, if they are to complex, but can handle the same movie as a Programm-stream fine.

To answer your question. The parts are from a PVR-Box that records the TV signal in 512MB chunks.

I agree, that Avidemux is very nice. I think I will now convert all my uncut *mts files to mpeg-ps. The PVR box plays PS as well, however it doesn't play the file as a glued TS-file, only if I leave it as chunks. But that is no problem.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!