VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In which order would someone prefer buying these blank DVD+R media? For example, what is the first choice to buy, second choice, and third choice?

Verbatim DVD+R 100 disc spindle: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZDNZSS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397426624&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

DataLifePlus, Inkjet Printable, Hub Printable DVD+R 50 disc spindle: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001LRIT4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1397426925&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40

Taiyo Yuden White Inkjet Hub Printable 100 disc spindle: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F34IBE/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1397427167&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
    Quote Quote  
  2. Post this in the MEDIA section please.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I will. Thank you for your fast reply. I will do that now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No! I will move you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,

I just seen your reply. Sorry. Please delete my new thread I created. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Taiyo Yuden 8x +R has been my favorite DVD media for nearly ten years. Burns well and has proven to be very reliable. But I'm still using stock bought back in 2007-2008.

Verbatim 16x AZO is my second choice, and I use it for archival and day-to-day uses. All of the discs you've mentioned should be fine.

Of course, I only burn six to eight DVD's a month anymore, so I haven't been testing much that is out in the market these days.
    Quote Quote  
  7. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I can't set an order of preference since I haven't used all the three. But I have used the Verbatim DVD+R 16x (AZO) for some years now, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Perfect burns, and I'm yet to find an error on some disc I burned years ago.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  8. Any specific reason for DVD+R?
    I have used Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R 4.7GB in past and no problem up till now.
    Amazon seems like very highly priced bcoz I can get Taiyo Yuden 16X DVD-R 4.7GB 100pcs @ $19.99 (max.) from local suppliers.
    I seldom do on line purchases.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the past DVD-R did not work for me. Could I get DVD+R @ $19.99 online as well?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no clue what local suppliers you are referring too. And would someone be able to please answer my last reply?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    I have no clue what local suppliers you are referring too. And would someone be able to please answer my last reply?
    enim's local suppliers are probably not in the USA. This forum has an international membership and some members don't disclose their location.

Taiyo Yuden/JVC media has to be bought online in the USA, unless you live near an online merchant with a showroom. No typical brick-and-mortar retailers carry it here.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by rocky12 View Post
    enim's local suppliers are probably not in the USA. This forum has an international membership and some members don't disclose their location.

Taiyo Yuden/JVC media has to be bought online in the USA, unless you live near an online merchant with a showroom. No typical brick-and-mortar retailers carry it here.
    Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!