VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a couple of questions about this player. I saw it in a local ad for a good price and wanted some information about it. I read the reviews on this site, but still some things remain.

First how is the remote? Does it have an eject button and does it work right. My Phillips DVP642 remote had no eject and was really annoying.

Second, does it play avi's and or Mpegs. I got some dloaded movies, I want to watch on a stand-alone.

Last, any issues I should be aware of in anyones experience?

Thanks so much in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The remote is okay. It has an eject button and it is pretty responsive for the most part. It's a little on the small side compared to the remote I had with my zenith 412 or the philips 642 though (it's closer to the size of the philips 5960 remote). It would be nice if it was a little bit bigger, especially if you're going to pressing the number keys alot-- it's easy to hit a wrong number or key.

It's played all the avi, mpeg, and divx files I've thrown into it so far. Occasionally it may lock up or have trouble recognizing a file but usually open the tray and closing it or turning it on and off fixes that right away.

I haven't been able to find a way to make it region free yet though so if you want to play PAL discs make sure they're region 0 until a hack is found. It will convert and play region 0 pal discs with no problem. Anyone out there have a hack yet?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your posting. I bought the player and I am very happy with it. It works great and looks so nice! I would highly recommend this player to anyone!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone done the VCD hack...and know how to enter the FF and FE keys?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I've done the svcd/vcd hack. It works. I posted it in the hack list section after I found by trying them that the hack from the older zenith players works on this one. To enter "F" press "6" on the remote and keep pressed. To enter "E" press "5" on the remote and keep pressed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. anyone find a region hack yet?

this model is from the LG DNX 190 family, but none of their hacks work on it - http://uk.lge.com/proddivergent.do?categoryId=030201&modelCategoryId=&parentId=0302.

anyone have any experience "translating"an LG hack to a Zenith?
    Quote Quote