VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a sony hdr cx12 camcorder and I have some videos in M2TS files. I would like to burn them to a blu ray disc. I have a ASUS BW12B1ST burner and Samsung blu ray player.

I wanted to burn these M2TS files and play them on my Blu ray player? What would be the easiest and fastest way to do this? What programs should I get?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is a good question and it deserves an answer. I cannot believe that nobody has responded yet. I have no camcorder experience at all, so I can only offer general guidelines. Maybe someone with real experience with camcorder video will respond after me.

Download tsmuxer. It's free. It's simple to use but you can search and find guides on how to use it. Use it to create AVCHD format discs. Burn to a BD-RW disc and try that in your player to be sure it plays. If it doesn't play, then try creating BluRay format discs and burn that to BD-RW and try it. I recommend using BD-RW so you don't waste discs.

If there are any unusual circumstances that you are not telling us about (ie. you bought your player in North America but your camcorder is from the UK or some other PAL country) then you may have problems making this work. tsmuxer has no menus so the discs will just start playing. If you need menus then it gets a lot trickier, requiring you to use either commercial programs or the complicated multiAVCHD program.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Burn the output from tsmuxer with ImgBurn (a free, highly regarded burning program). Use UDF 2.5 file system, which you can find under Options in ImgBurn. If you don't get it right, ImgBurn will give you a warning message and ask to correct this for you, so not a big worry. Just let ImgBurn set it at that point.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Burn the output from tsmuxer with ImgBurn (a free, highly regarded burning program). Use UDF 2.5 file system, which you can find under Options in ImgBurn. If you don't get it right, ImgBurn will give you a warning message and ask to correct this for you, so not a big worry. Just let ImgBurn set it at that point.
    What?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    ^I'm not sure what the problem is hech54.

Tsmuxer can produce AVCHD or Blu ray format from the m2ts files as jman98 stated, assuming that the m2ts files are already blu ray compliant, but it doesn't do the actual burn to the disc itself. The original poster said, "I would like to burn them to a blu ray disc. I have a ASUS BW12B1ST burner and Samsung blu ray player."

If you want to burn a blu ray disc for playback in a stand alone player, you need to use UDF 2.5. And if you don't set it manually when burning blu ray video, ImgBurn will ask to correct this for you.

So whats the deal?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everything is from US, so no issues there. It's just that I have all these files on hard drive and if it crashes, everything will be gone.

So can I just burn the MTS files directly from BDMV folder that I have using imageburn. I have never done this before since I never had a bluray burner, but now I just bought one and wanted to keep them in back up as discs as well.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    If your m2ts files are already in a BDMV folder, it sounds like you have blu ray or AVCHD structure to begin with.

Try loading the BDMV folder into ImgBurn and burn a BD-RE disc as a test.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    ^I'm not sure what the problem is hech54.

Tsmuxer can produce AVCHD or Blu ray format from the m2ts files as jman98 stated, assuming that the m2ts files are already blu ray compliant, but it doesn't do the actual burn to the disc itself. The original poster said, "I would like to burn them to a blu ray disc. I have a ASUS BW12B1ST burner and Samsung blu ray player."

If you want to burn a blu ray disc for playback in a stand alone player, you need to use UDF 2.5. And if you don't set it manually when burning blu ray video, ImgBurn will ask to correct this for you.

So whats the deal?
    Your original explanation is confusing....that's all. Do you need to override ImgBurn, or do you just accept what ImgBurn selects for you after you override it to 2.5?
    Quote Quote  
  9. If I wanted to add menus (chicago trip, birthday, etc), what program would I use to make that and burn it?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    To create a menu for blu ray, you could try multiAVCHD, which jman98 mentioned earlier. It is free to use, but clunky and slow. I never had much luck using it, but it is the only free option I know of for this.

Cyberlink PowerProducer 5.5 is a commercial tool for making blu ray and dvd video. It is most definitely an amateur level software. Another similar program would be TMPGenc Authoring Works.
    Quote Quote