VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm new to converting DVDs to AVI files. I have just tried AutoGK v2.40, but I'm having a problem with creating a separate subtitle, as I don't want permanent subtitles in the video.

I used the DVDFAB decrypter to rip the DVD to hard drive. I then started the AutoGK. In the subtitle box, I selected the language, which is English wide. In the advanced setting, external subtitles button is selected. However, when I used Media Player Classic to play the AVI file, there were two overlapping subtitles in video. If I do not select any subtitles in the mainscreen with advanced settings set to the external subtitles, then there are no subtitles in the video, and there is no subtitle file created.

I followed the AutoGK guide, but I don't know what I did wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Two subtitles is generally the result of two subtitle renders. In this case that would probably be MPC's internal renderer and ffdshow or DVobSub. Also possible that you have hard encoded subs and one renderer. You can check by opening the video in VDub. If there are no subs displayed, then there are non hard encoded.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are right. One of the subtitles is hardcoded in the video. What puzzles me is that I followed the procedure online in the autoGK guide for creating a separate subtitle file. Could anyone tell me if there is any trick in using autoGK to create a separate subtitle file?

Thanks 
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Deleted, duplicate submission
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi-
    Could anyone tell me if there is any trick in using autoGK to create a separate subtitle file?
    No, there's no trick. However, to be sure of what happened, we'd have to see the log from that encode.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since the guru said there was no trick, I decided to try it myself. The only difference this time is that I reload the input file in the AutoGK after I selected the external subtitle in the advanced setting. This seems to do the trick. I only have the external subtitles now. Thanks a lot for your help.

However, the subtitle is automatically displayed in my MLC when I load the file to play. How do I disable the auto loading of subtitles?

Thanks
    Quote Quote