VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Let's say I have a movie and a proper subtitle file that matches.

The problem is sometimes the movies show hardsub or texts and the subtitle lines would cover it if placed in default location as the rest lines. I would expect to relocate these selected lines only. What software should I look for? Subtitle creator and text2sup can not do this, I think.

I am trying to do it to add new subtitle to a DVD to watch on SAP, not soft sub on PC.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

I know of 2 ways to accomplish this. SSA format subs can do it, so make SSA subs giving the ones placed at the top a different Style Name. I use SubStation Alpha for this kind of thing. Then make SST subs (for Muxman) or SON subs (for Maestro) using MaestroSBT. The regular subs will have one Style Name and you set them up for regular placement and the ones which you want on top will have a different Style Name and you set them up separately for that. Then make the subs. SON subs can also be converted to IDX/SUB or to SUP files for authoring with the programs that accept them.

The other way is to edit the BMPs after the subs have been added to the DVD. If there aren't too many of them, that may be practical. Use DVDSubEdit for this. Extract, edit and replace the individual BMPs. You do this in File->Edit Subpic Bitmap/Replace Current SubPic.

And there may be other ways as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, you're the man, manono

DVDSubEdit is exactly what I need. Very easy to use. I just create the DVD-Video first then Load it to DVDSubEdit and move the lines I want and save it.
    Quote Quote