VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I noticed the other day that my phone won't play mp3s that have the privacy bit set.
    I have like 1500 songs on my phone. Is there any program that could jus' bulk remove the privacy bit from all of them? I have CoolEdit an that will remove it one at a time... butt that'd jus' take forever...

Even somethin' that would jus' identify which ones have that bit set would help too...

Thanks n' Kisses,
    Lezlee
    Last edited by Lezleefeetsgoddess; 29th Apr 2012 at 10:40.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can either use SoundTaxi or Tunebite. Either or works great for this particular purpose, as I've used both before, with great success.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you're trying to remove DRM from mp3 files, LameXP won't do the trick. It'll convert it, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the internal tools to remove DRM, from what I already know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MP3 does not have not have DRM. The private bit is just a flag it has no specified usage. Also there are the original/copy and copyright flags as well.
    http://www.mp3-tech.org/programmer/frame_header.html
    Maybe Mp3tag can change this flag.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Loster, still the programs I suggested should do the trick, as they can do a bit more than just removing DRM in general.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Loster is correct, MP3 doesn't have DRM to prevent playback or copying. Those flags in the metadata shouldn't effect playback, OP are you sure these music files aren't AAC or WMA?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I got it done, I used the batch file convert command in cool edit pro an it worked perfect... It jus' took it a couple of day ta do em' all... Thanks for the help though... now does anyone know how to turn on the "Saving to a lower fidelity format" warning thingy again? I had ta turn it off for the batch convert ta work...
    Help!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Lezleefeetsgoddess,
    I hope you realize you just batch re-encoded all those mp3s back to mp3, thereby incurring additional generation loss.
    What you really want is a batch editor that turns off the flag(s) and saves back to the original file (or makes a quick file copy to a new file, but with the flag changed). Much faster, much higher quality process.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I had read

"Batch remove PIRACY bit from mp3s?"

Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I had read

"Batch remove PIRACY bit from mp3s?"

Somethin' new for the RIAA ta push for... lol...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    @Lezleefeetsgoddess,
    I hope you realize you just batch re-encoded all those mp3s back to mp3, thereby incurring additional generation loss.
    What you really want is a batch editor that turns off the flag(s) and saves back to the original file (or makes a quick file copy to a new file, but with the flag changed). Much faster, much higher quality process.

Scott
    And where would I find such a thing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    MP3 Tag Studio

Scott

edit: or possibly mp3directcut, or ffmpeg
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 4th Jun 2012 at 13:22.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Like Cornucopia said you re-encoded all your MP3's, I just hope you didn't overwrite the original files. In which case, the harm is done and there's no going back.

You could use The Godfather for all your MP3 management needs, it's free and supports pretty much all music file formats.
    Quote Quote