Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me. I have been doing the same thing for creating DVDs for a while yet, and recently - for no reason I can see, it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Basically, I use TMPGEnc to convert my DivX movies to SVCD/DVD format and then use Ulead DVD Workshop to create my DVDs. I know Workshop also does conversion, but TMPGEnc does a hell of a lot better job in my opinion. In the past, when I have done this, and then gone on to build my DVD through Workshop, Workshop will go through Video and Audio conversion in a few seconds, because the newly converted movies are compatible. I have created a couple of templates in TMPGEnc to exactly match the Disc Templates available in DVD Workshop.

OK, but recently when doing this, Workshop wants to convert them anyway, and I can't see why. I use AVIcodec to compare the MPGs I have created with what the templates in DVD Workshop ask for, and its identical. But for some reason, it goes through Video and Audio conversion anyway - with much less success in quality I might add.

If it means anything, the original DivX files are different. For example, this is what I have so far.

Movie 1:
Video : 600 MB, 912 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 576*320 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
Audio : 99 MB, 150 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

Movie 2:
Video : 620 MB, 899 Kbps, 23.976 fps, 640*352 (16:9), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4, Supported
Audio : 67 MB, 97 Kbps, 32000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

Movie 3:
Video : 615 MB, 907 Kbps, 23.999 fps, 592*340 (16:9), DIV3 = DivX v3 MPEG-4 (Low-Motion), Supported
Audio : 87 MB, 128 Kbps, 44100 Hz, 2 channels, 0x55 = MPEG Layer-3, Supported

Before you ask, I have the latest DivX and XVid codecs installed.

Last night, I compared the temporary MPG files that DVD Workshop has created for me, with the MPGs I created with TMPGEnc and the stats are identical (even if the quality is worse). I don't understand what could be the problem.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Sgt-Pepper.