VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,

Been lurking around this site for awhile trying to learn a few things. After successfully ripping my dvds to my home server and being successful at streaming them throughout the house, I'm moving on to my BD titles. I don't have alot, maybe about 5-6 in my collection right now, but I'm having a heck of a time converting some of these.

Here's my process:
    I use MakeMKV to convert BD to MKV
    Handbrake to convert the title to .mp4
    Copy output file to my server.
    That's it.

I have tried the following media servers:
    PS3MS-Couldn't get it to stream properly
    Serviio
    Plex

I was only able to successfully convert one BD, it's output size is about 1.35gb, with this process. None of my other movies are able to successfully convert. Well I take it back, it looks like it converts, but a few probs:

1. Some won't play with VLC
    2. None of the converted files are able to update in the Serviio library
    3. The files will show up in my Plex Library, cover art & all, but if I try to stream it (on Android Galaxy SII Skyrocket), it just says sorry, file cannot be played.

At first I thought maybe the different media servers were having problems updating the libraries due to the files large sizes, but this can't be the case. So now I'm looking at the conversion process. Because my above process worked with one BD, I assumed this was how to do it, but apparently I'm missing something. I'm a complete noob to this process, so I've been leaving everything in Handbrake at default, except for maybe changing containers, and I run default for MakeMKV as well. I'm trying out Ripbot right now (latest version) and it's taking a long time, but if this doesn't work I'm at a loss. I've also downloaded BDRebuilder (?) but I have no idea how to make that work (I'll be looking for a tutorial or something tomorrow when I have more time) And ClownBD (I think that's what it's called) just confused me even more. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

My main device I use to stream is a ps3 btw.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yeah, running AnyDVDHD (or DVDFabPasskey) in the background and extracting main movie as ts/m2ts with Clown_BD should work. Or extract first as Blu-Ray structure and perform whatever conversion/repackaging afterwards.

MakeMKV is not all that reliable as a decrypter in my experience. Try one of the above driver-level decrypters. (Note that BDRB needs as input a decrypted Blu-Ray structure, i.e. BDMV folder.)
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote