VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure where to ask this:

I have never had problems with my little-used Panasonic VCR (PV-V4524S) VHS Player/Recorder.

However, just today, tapes I have recorded at SPL speed are playing back at what appears to be SP speed.

Ideas anyone?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think you meant "SLP".

I haven't had a VCR in years. But I recall one of my units had a button on the front panel and remote where you could manually change the speed. Which would alter playback. Newer units were automatic based on how they were recorded.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you have a problem with the control head not switching to slp mode and stuck in sp,if the control head is coated with tape oxides try cleaning it,if that doesn't help then it's a major issue.

Have you tried other tapes not recorded by that vcr in slp?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wolf01 View Post
    Not sure where to ask this:

I have never had problems with my little-used Panasonic VCR (PV-V4524S) VHS Player/Recorder.

However, just today, tapes I have recorded at SPL speed are playing back at what appears to be SP speed.

Ideas anyone?
    try going into your player's settings and look for a "factory restore" setting. or you might
    try unplugging your player and waiting a few hours to see if that does any good.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't have any idea why, but after fast winding and rewinding several times, my VCR seems to be working okay again. Thanks folks for your replies.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!