VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

Let say I've edited some 1080p video in Premiere, but which to encode in x264 in Xvid4PSP, but I don't want to waste additional encoding time by exporting to one of the compressed format via Adobe Media Encoder.

What is the uncompressed format which I should export from Premiere which Xvid4PSP will accept as input file?
    Also, do let me know if I'd need to seperate the video/audio streams for uncompressed video, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by x2x3x2 View Post
    Hi guys,

Let say I've edited some 1080p video in Premiere, but which to encode in x264 in Xvid4PSP, but I don't want to waste additional encoding time by exporting to one of the compressed format via Adobe Media Encoder.

What is the uncompressed format which I should export from Premiere which Xvid4PSP will accept as input file?
    Also, do let me know if I'd need to seperate the video/audio streams for uncompressed video, thanks!
    Uncompressed 1080p is unnecessary unless your source is higher quality than Blu-Ray. Uncompressed 8 bit 4:2:0 will result in files in the 700-900 GB/hr range depending on frame rate and audio formats. Better to frameserve from Premiere to an encoder.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. How would one go about setting up frameserve from Premiere to Xvid4PSP?
    Or is there another better way to get the low bitrate high quality x264 output from Premiere?

None of the default codecs that came with Premiere are any good at low bitrates.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by x2x3x2 View Post
    How would one go about setting up frameserve from Premiere to Xvid4PSP?
    Or is there another better way to get the low bitrate high quality x264 output from Premiere?

None of the default codecs that came with Premiere are any good at low bitrates.
    I now rarely use Premiere Pro so others might help. Google Premier Pro "frame serve" and your encoder of choice.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have a look at Debugmode's frameserver
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey thanks man in fact I just stumbled upon that very same frameserver
    Once that set up with Premiere, is there a tutorial which tells us how to have it serve to Xvid4PSP?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You output through the frameserver, which creates a signpost avi (?) file. Load that into Xvid4PSP as if it were an ordinary AVI file, and encode.

It should be that simple.

That said, the debugmode frameserver pre-dates Xvid4PSP by quite some years. I don't know if it will work, or how slow it might be. If you don't need any other features from Xvid4PSP, you might be better off learning how to control X264 from the commandline and encoding directly.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote