VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to say buy I dont like Videolan as much as media player classic so I want to use MPC to open my 4:2:2 Chroma videos is there a Filter codec to play them in MPC

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Makes no sense to me so far... You dont like Media Player Classic, but you want to use MPC? MPC = Media Player Classic...
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Makes sense to me,op rather use mpc than videolan and says so,as to chrome video not sure what codecs it uses as it isnt a standard name of video,need more detail on it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. What's the fourcc? Directshow comes with YUY2 and UYVY handlers. MPC or MPCHC should be able to use them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    4:2:2 are satellite transport stream files I capture from satellites, and I meant that I LOVE MPC and I HATE videolan MPC opens faster

the

and Videolan is the only one that plays 422 chroma files,
    will try directshow
    Quote Quote  
  6. What's the fourcc? 4:2:2 describes chroma subsampling, not the codec used. Transport streams are probably MPEG 2 or h.264 with 4:2:0 subsampling. Use MediaInfo or GSpot. MPCHC as both of those built in. Forget MPC, it's outdated. MPCHC is the new version. It looks and works the same.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello can anyone download this short 13 se clip and tell me if you can open it in MPC or MPCHC its an 422 Chroma file, I CAN open in in videolan but not MPC or MPCHC
    http://rapidshare.com/files/309555696/422ChromaD155.mpg
    Please help
    Quote Quote  
  8. What you have is MPEG 2 video in an MPEG transport stream (the extension was changed from .TS to .MPG). MPEG 2 encoding does support 4:2:2 chroma subsampling. And though it's uncommon, this file has it.

MPC's and MPCHC's internal MPEG 2 decoder apparently doesn't support 4:2:2 MPEG 2. Disable their internal MPEG 2 decoders and use another. ffdshow works.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THank you very much it works now
    Quote Quote