VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I thing there is a bug in HEBREW setting support in that tool. A SSA option for Arial/Hebrew setting is not saved.

DO:
    In "Subtitle Workshop" -> Settings -> output settings -> SubStation Alpha (*.ssa) -> set font -> Script -> select Font:"Arial", Select Script:"Hebrew" -> OK -> OK

Verify:
    Return back to main screen after the saving...
    In "Subtitle Workshop" -> Settings -> output settings -> SubStation Alpha (*.ssa) -> set font -> Script is still "Western". The :"SubStation Alpha (*.ssa)"+"Arial"+"Hebrew" combination was not saved.

Any Idea ??

Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Subtitleworkshop Hebrew Settings.jpg
Views:	871
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	14019  

Last edited by BoazBoaz; 25th Sep 2012 at 03:01.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You probably need to contact the author. We have a few people (like me) who can deal with Cyrillic, some can deal with Greek and a few of the Asian alphabets (mostly Chinese, Japanese and Korean and perhaps Thai) but we have almost no members who understand Hebrew. I can only recall a few Hebrew subtitle posts over the years around here. The author may not personally have a good way to test Hebrew so you may need to contact him directly about this issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Report bugs at their forum: http://www.urusoft.net/forum/

However, I've found SW has sketchy support for SSA and ASS.
    Probably better to use Aegisub for that format.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You probably need to contact the author. We have a few people (like me) who can deal with Cyrillic, some can deal with Greek and a few of the Asian alphabets (mostly Chinese, Japanese and Korean and perhaps Thai) but we have almost no members who understand Hebrew. I can only recall a few Hebrew subtitle posts over the years around here. The author may not personally have a good way to test Hebrew so you may need to contact him directly about this issue.
    Thanks jman98.

I did register (2 day ago) to www.urusoft.net/forum in order to post this issue there (still waiting for my user approval).

There is no need to understand Hebrew in order to see the setting issue. The tool simply does not save its setting (try it...).

Boaz.
    Last edited by BoazBoaz; 24th Sep 2012 at 02:33.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Report bugs at their forum: http://www.urusoft.net/forum/

However, I've found SW has sketchy support for SSA and ASS.
    Probably better to use Aegisub for that format.
    Thanks AlanHK.

I did register (2 day ago) to www.urusoft.net/forum in order to post this issue there (still waiting for my user approval).

I will try Aegisub... although i did finally convert successfuly srt to ssa (after the syncing part with Subtitle Workshop) with a separate tool "SUB2SSA".

Due to the fact that I usually work with Subtitle Workshop in order to sync SRT subtitles, It is more comfortable to me to finish the SRT to SAA converting (For use with the AVI RECOMP tool work) with the same tool.

Boaz.
    Last edited by BoazBoaz; 24th Sep 2012 at 02:43.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BoazBoaz View Post
    They've had a lot of spam so they are careful with new members. Give them a few days and then send an enquiry.

Originally Posted by BoazBoaz View Post
    I will try Aegisub...

Due to the fact that I usually work with Subtitle Workshop in order to sync SRT subtitles. It is more comfortable to me to finish the SRT to SAA converting (For use the AVI RECOMP tool work) with the same tool.
    I like Subtitle Workshop for syncing too.
    Since both SRT and ASS are ASCII files you can just modify them with a text editor if you know the code you want to insert.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Since both SRT and ASS are ASCII files you can just modify them with a text editor if you know the code you want to insert.
    Yes I am aware of that and use the SUB2SSA to do the same job outside the Subtitle Workshop (even if this a minor editing issue).

BUT ... still I belive that if the bug of HEBREW support in the Subtitle Workshop will be fixed it would be ... nice.

Thanks
    Boaz.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by BoazBoaz View Post
    Hi

I thing there is a bug in HEBREW setting support in that tool. A SSA option for Hebrew setting is not saved.

DO:
    In "Subtitle Workshop" -> Settings -> output settings -> SubStation Alpha (*.ssa) -> set font -> Script -> select "Hebrew" -> OK -> OK

Verify:
    In "Subtitle Workshop" -> Settings -> output settings -> SubStation Alpha (*.ssa) -> set font -> Script is still "Western" (The "Hebrew" was not saved.)

Any Idea ??
    I have "Hebrew" saved after changed in Output setting
    so I think its not bug
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    I have "Hebrew" saved after changed in Output setting
    so I think its not bug
    Hi roma_turok
    Did you dubble check the setting ?? I.E. did you return back to main screen after the saving and reenter to the settings to see that HEBREW was saved ?

In my case I Saved the setting but when reentring the font setting the value is ...Western.

Boaz
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by BoazBoaz View Post
    Hi roma_turok
    Did you dubble check the setting ?? I.E. did you return back to main screen after the saving and reenter to the settings to see that HEBREW was saved ?

In my case I Saved the setting but when reentring the font setting the value is ...Western.

Boaz
    What is " I.E."?
    Of course I check after save:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	217
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	14016

Try different font
    Try select Subtitle Workshop Run as administrator
    Check OS Configuration set to hebrew:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-2.png
Views:	364
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	14017
    Quote Quote  
  11. Ok ... some progress...

If I select your suggested full settings: Guttmmn Aharoni - Bold - 36 - Hebrew ... I succeed to save them!!!

But

If I select (In my case) : Arial - Narrow Bold - 24 - Hebrew... No success !!!

As for:
    Subtitle Workshop Run as administrator - Still same problem.
    Check OS Configuration set to hebrew - checked.

(i.e. = abbreviation for Latin id est, meaning "that is" or "in other words")
    Last edited by BoazBoaz; 25th Sep 2012 at 02:58.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by BoazBoaz View Post
    Ok ... some progress...

If I select your suggested full settings: Guttmmn Aharoni - Bold - 36 - Hebrew ... I succeed to save them!!!

But

If I select (In my case) : Arial - Narrow Bold - 24 - Hebrew... No success !!!

As for:
    Subtitle Workshop Run as administrator - Still same problem.
    Check OS Configuration set to hebrew - checked.
    I not check with Arial in first time
    for Arial it also for me not saved.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post

I not check with Arial in first time
    for Arial it also for me not saved.
    OK, that is my case.

Issue was reported to urusoft.

Thanks
    Boaz
    Last edited by BoazBoaz; 25th Sep 2012 at 07:40.
    Quote Quote