VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am fairly new to all this, but I have successfully been editing video, and burning DVD's. I have used two different software programs to create the DVD files. Both worked. I have two different burners, one internal ( Hitachi ) which has some mileage on it, and one external ( LG ) which is brand new. I am using two different brands of DVD media purchased at two different stores (definitely not the same lot or manufacturer) .

Everything was working fine, consistently burning working DVD's. Now all of a sudden, all the DVD's I burn complete the process, Yet when I put them in the DVD player or computer, they come up bad disc.

I can however, successfully burn CDs. It is only the DVD burns that produce bad disc.

Same result, with either burner, either burning software, either media, EVEN when I try now to burn files that I have successfully burned previously.

What am I missing ? It must be a common item, because I get the same result, no matter what combination of softward, device, and media I use.

Please help. Either I simply don't have enough knowledge to figure this out, or something has happened which is very unusual.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's a laptop?
    What is your source files?
    What prog. are you using for burning?
    If it isn't imgburn then download it and give it a try.
    Adjust the burn speed...I would guess you need a low burn rate for usb powered burner, try 4X.
    Do this and let know results.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ Steve - thank you for your response

Yes, it is a laptop, but I am not using a USB powered drive. using both internal and powered external with same result.

have tried multiple burning software - same result

I cannot now, burn files that successfully burned a week ago.

Talked with Toshiba support last night, and they did remote work on computer, and could not resolve the issue. They did all things I could do, with online help ( ie: removed upper and lower filters, removed and reinstalled drivers, etc ) all the basics.

I KNOW the drive is writing, because there are images on the DVD that I can access through the directory tree, but the disc continually comes up " bad disc " whether I put it in a DVD player attached to the TV, of if I put it in the computer. I can read other DVDs I have previously burned in both devices.

This is something very specific that is "hung up" and I haven't found it yet. I need help with it. I have even deleted all temp files, etc.

???????????????? Help please... I am literally praying at this point. I am tired of literally losing sleep over this issue...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ok still try imgburn since I don't know what you have used...there is a lot of useless shit out there(even if it is not software related).
    And use a low burn speed with a usb burner, whether it is self-powered or not.

What is the brand discs you are using?
    If could be you have a bad batch.

Is this home videos or bought movies?
    If hollywood movies, what are you using to copy to your laptop?

You mention "images", what software are you using for burning...sounds like you are making ISO's?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By any chance have you been burning Lightscribe labels? The reason I ask is that I used to do this and I had 3 different burners I did it with. EVERY one of those burners eventually had a problem where it would burn either CD-R or DVD+/-R only and not the other. And they all stopped burning DVD+R DL correctly as my first sign of them going bad. I know that the manufacturers swear that such things don't happen with Lightscribe, but 3 burners seems pretty close to being conclusive to me and other users here have posted about the same thing happening to them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I'm trying to get my car to start. I've used several tools to put the new part on, both Craftsman and Snap-On but the car still won't start. I even went and bought different part from a different store and the car still won't start.
    Please help.
    Quote Quote