VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all! I have some troubles when using x264. The total number of frames between source and encoded are the same, but the frames inside are different. This lead to audio delay. Please check the attached images.

I used avisynth 2.5.8 (also tried 2.6), x264 r2334 on x264.nl (also tried the latest r2538). My encode setting:

C:\avs2yuv.exe encode.avs -o - | C:\x264.exe --stdin y4m --crf 23.5 --stats ".stats" --level 4.1 --ref 11 --no-fast-pskip --bframes 6 --direct auto --deblock -3:-3 --subme 9 --trellis 2 --psy-rd 0.8:0.0 --me umh --aq-strength 1.0 --no-dct-decimate --no-mbtree --output "crf4.mkv" -
    I also tried x264 8bit without avs2yuv, also tried x265, but everything is the same. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	32328  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	32329  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    It used to be known widely that FFMS2 can't handle M2TS well, even if Haali Media Splitter is installed. You should either use FFMS2 only with MKV sources, or use a different source filter for M2TS (e.g. L-SMASH Works, or – if you can afford it – DGDecNV or DGDecIM).

This may not have the same relevance anymore if you are using one of the latest (test) versions of FFMS2 where the dependency to Haali got removed, so that it uses lavformats as splitter instead, like L-SMASH Works (LwLibavVideoSource) already does.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank LigH.de, I used LSMASHsource (LwLibavVideoSource) and It worked like a charm
    Quote Quote