VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I use GFD to author DVDs from my Hauppauge PVR on my laptop. The flow is Hauppauge MPEG2 -> PVA Strumento (to demux) -> GFD to author, using 'Visual Chapter Editor' to add chapter marks at the beginning of each video segment (thus eliminating the commercials). The problem occurs in the last 20 to 120 seconds of each title. The picture will freeze ( the DVDplayer bitrate counter drops to zero) and the sound continues. It's not the media (even happens with Verb) or the amount on the disk (most disks are two titles with 90 minute total run time). Any suggestions at what to look at or try?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Try to demux your Hauppauge MPEG2 files with ProjectX (BTW: You can also cut out the commercials with ProjectX!).
    2. If the streams are 100% DVD compliant (i.e. 720x480), try to use the muxman engine in GfD (if you haven't tried it yet). See: http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/DefaultPermSettings.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx a Mega Byte! MuxMan worked like a charm. Faster too. Yeah, other folks have suggested actually eding out the commercials, but I record a one hour show (LOST) and a half hour show (Earl) on a disk so I don't need to waste the time to save the space. It also gives me the option to let the commercials run, if I want (popcorn, bathroom break)...
    Quote Quote