VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. trying to run TMPGEnc to make an mpeg but each time i get a imedieate error saying basically there is a problem with opening the .d2v files. so it won't work.

help me
    thanks a bunch!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure the DVD2AVI VFAPI plugin is properly registered with TMPGEnc (look in Options->Environment Settings->VFAPI plugin)
    Quote Quote  
  3. remember that D2V files are "maps" that point to vobs. Do what Bradskey said and remember to have the vob file in the same directory as the d2v file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. the vfapi plug in is registered.

and when you say remember to have the vob file in the same directory as the d2v file. could you explain that a little more?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. you got to put the d2v file into the same folder as your vob files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try recreating the d2v file. Save it in the same folder as the source VOB/MPEG.
    Quote Quote  
  7. well i'm attempting to rip the dvd from a master copy dvd.

so what your saying is take the d2v file and put it in the folder where my vobs will be ripped to? i believe i tried that already, i don't think it worked. I will try it again though.
    another question is when i put the file in the same folder do i copy and paste, or just move the one i already have to the folder where the vobs are ripped to?
    also
    Just to check we are talking about the file called DVD2AVI.vfp right?

I'm going crazy here! please help

thanks so much
    ryan
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know what version you are using, I had a lot of problems with the last version (1.77). I now use 1.76 always with no problems but when I use 1.77 TMPGEnc will not work with the .d2v file so I went back to the previous version and no more problems. Hope it helps you will need to do a search DVD2AVI Home was seem to be down.

my guide
    www2.whidbey.net/mnms/

Working link to v1.76
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/d2a-mpeg2dec.htm

link to guide stating problems on afterdawn site

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2vcd_with_smart_dvd2avi_tmpgenc.cfm

Quote from guide on link above
    DVD2AVI (note: you should try this new version first, but some users have had problems with it, so if you have problems opening the .d2v project with TMPGEnc, try version 1.76 from here)
    TMPGEnc

www2.whidbey.net/mnms/
    Quote Quote  
  9. i downloaded dvd2avi 1.76 and using that.... by placing all the 1.76 files in the folder where the 1.77 dvd2avi files were. I then attempted to run eazyvcd again. I again got the same message
    "File "C:\movies\riped.d2v" can not open, or unsupported."

i'm pulling out my hair for the love of!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. go to environmental settings in TMPGenc and up the vfp priority to 4, also specify the output location in dvd2avi as the same folder you keep your vobs in
    Quote Quote