VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am wanting to extract some video from some HD video files I have for viewing on PS3. However, I need to split the files through an MPEG splitter in order to not lose any video quality. The files I have been using are .mkvs which have been converted to MPEG using mkv2vob. The resulting MPEG has an AVC video stream and one AC-3 audio stream.

A further problem occurs with some of my files when converting them to MPEG with mkv2vob, whereby the resulting file will have no audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You want a demuxer. Try TsMuxerGUI. You can use MkvExtractGUI to demux tracks from MKV files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I should make it clearer that I am wanting to cut parts out of the existing video and save it as an MPEG with a loss of quality. I can't seem to export it as the same MPEG and besides which it came up with the following error:

Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try also avidemux. Or try cut the source mkv using mkvtoolnix as I guess that most editors will have problem with those special mkv2vob vob/mpeg files.

And PLEASE wait some days before you bumping/replying to your topic.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your replies, but neither of these programs work. The problem is I need them to be an mpeg from mkv2vob in order to watch them on PS3. And H264TS_Cutter didn't recognise the file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't think you're going to find a single program that does everything you want. Remux to something that is editable by a smart (non reencoding) editor. Then Mux into the container you need.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried using Avidemux and it recognised the .MKV formats but when I try to split something from it, it doesn't create any file when selecting the MKV format.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Amanaman
    I have tried using Avidemux and it recognised the .MKV formats but when I try to split something from it, it doesn't create any file when selecting the MKV format.
    Did you press save and enter then extension
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the video and audio was set to copy and the video format was set to MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Your input file was mkv ?

You manually entered the extension when pressing save?
    "output.mkv"

What error message or files were created?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I have, and again it isn't saving anything. There is no error message, the program seems to be saving it but after a second it says it is done yet there is no file.
    Quote Quote