VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just changed to Potplayer after years of KM. I have gone through all the options and settings and got it running like a dream, really happy with it.
    But there is just one thing that I can't seem to fathom.
    When I open a folder with video files, and select say five files, right-click and select open, it only opens one of the files.
    On KM and other players it would open the first file and enqueue the next four, which is what I want to do.
    I have been going through the settings for the past few days and can see no solution to this. I'm sure its something really simple and its just me missing something really obvious, but I'm truly stumped.
    Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Options -> Preferences -> General -> Multiple Launching -> Add the clicked file to the playlist.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Options -> Preferences -> General -> Multiple Launching -> Add the clicked file to the playlist.
    Unfortunately I already tried that. That option does not start the files playing, it merely opens an empty player with the files in the playlist, it doesn't automatically start playing.
    Maybe I'm being a bit fussy, but its what I'm used to from all the other players...

Thanks anyway
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by paul23 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Options -> Preferences -> General -> Multiple Launching -> Add the clicked file to the playlist.
    Unfortunately I already tried that. That option does not start the files playing, it merely opens an empty player with the files in the playlist, it doesn't automatically start playing.
    I don't have Potplayer set up as my default player so I can't test it via right-click-and-open. But if I drag/drop files to an already open (idle) player it adds them to the playlist and starts playing the first one. Maybe there's another setting to automatically start playing the first one.

I should add that my version is a year or two old (I just use it as an alternative player for test purposes). Things may have changed since then.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Nov 2013 at 19:58.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes that's what it does, if you drag your files to the player it opens them, its just the open on right click I can't get it to do. Small niggle but its bugging me, surely there's a way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Never mind. Installed an older version and that seems to work fine. Very strange.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Had the same problem. What worked for me was to select all the files (from last to first), and then press enter. It loaded the player with all the files in order. It used to work with the mouse key, now mouse clicking only sorts in some peculiar way.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Which version are you using? I've just tried it but potplayer works without any problem. I'm using 1.5.44981 version
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Paul update to the new version. then do this

This is a easy one for you to do.

Go to Preference (right click on player)
    Go General- File open Method: change to "open all file in folder"
    Go to Multiple instances (three down from method) change to " disable: play files in existing instance"

now just open the first file you want to watch and if the other are in the same folder it will play one after the other
    that should do it, if it doesn't work let me know.

I would also turn off save playlist but that just me.
    Quote Quote