VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I was working on a project on my sony vegas editing program and I imported the files from a DVD I borrowed from a friend into the program. The files played successfully. I wanted to keep the files into my PC and return the DVD back so that I won't have the disc running every time on my computer. I have Win 7 by the way if that ever matters.

After doing that, I then tried dragging those same .VOB files into my program to continue editing.

But instead, I get a message saying: The File is an Unsupported format.

What I did was that I dragged out three VOB files from the DVD into my PC and then tried to play one of the files from there to see what else happens.

I then get a message saying: Cannot play this media file. The File is either corrupt or the application does not support the format you are trying to play.

I don't know why I was able to play the files when I had the DVD running on my PC and why I can't without it. Was I suppose to also drag the IFO and BUP files into my computer as well, which came with the VOB files? Would have that helped or something?

I really need help here and I am getting stressed out from everything I've tried!

I do not want to ask for the DVD back because that's just too much work!

Also, here are some links to pictures I took for a better demonstration to this problem:

http://server.myspac...error proof.jpg

http://server.myspac...ror message.png

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the disc you borrowed is faulty,what type of dvd is it?Home authored that you got?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    It's a DVD-Rom. I'm not sure what your trying to ask me here. You think theres some other way for me to play these VOB files without getting that disc back? I really need to use these files for something important!
    Quote Quote  
  4. do they play in vlc ?

vegas usually can't handle vob, you need to re-wrap them with vob2mpg into .mpg (mpeg2 program stream)
    Quote Quote