VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello

I always use DVDFab v10.0 to convert all my blu ray to MKV passthrough without any problems. my main purpose is to remove all the extra audio and keep English audio to reduce space. at the same time I don't want to touch the audio or video quality. so that's why I use passthrough to make sure I get 100% original quality.

now I have some 4 UHD HEVC movies and I want to remove the extra audio without touching the quality of video or audio ) passthrough ! DVDFab doesn't support HEVC yet !

is there any way to convert UHD m2ts files to MKV in ( passthrough mode ) ?

thanks alot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mkvtoolnix

(You're not talking about decrypting UltraHD Blu-ray, right? There's no public software for that today.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Mkvtoolnix

(You're not talking about decrypting UltraHD Blu-ray, right? There's no public software for that today.)
    I don't know if my file is already decrypted or not I don't really understand how AACS2.0 work. but I have the ISO file in my harddrive and am able to extract the ISO file and take out the single m2ts file. everything is in my harddrive. I just wanna remove some audios from this m2ts file without touching the quality of audio or video.

is there any software to passthrough UHD HEVC files ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you simply try and find out if it works using MKVMergeGui - this program doesn't re-encode simply wraps the file in a MKV container.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Why don't you simply try and find out if it works using MKVMergeGui - this program doesn't re-encode simply wraps the file in a MKV container.
    ok I will try.

at the moment I am trying the MKVToolnix

but I don't see any options for the output quality ! does it automatically do the passthrough ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok I used MKVToolnix and I was able to convert the UHD HEVC mt2s file to MKV and I removed all the extra audio.

so the question now, do I have a 100% quality for both video and audio ? MKVToolsnix do the passthrough always ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes. (Unless you tick "reduce to core" on audio tracks. Then it will remove e.g. the lossless part of DTS-HD and only keep the lossy DTS core.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by misho View Post
    ok I used MKVToolnix and I was able to convert the UHD HEVC mt2s file to MKV and I removed all the extra audio.

so the question now, do I have a 100% quality for both video and audio ? MKVToolsnix do the passthrough always ?
    Yes. As I said MKVToolnix does not re-encode ie quality in = quality out.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote