VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’m adding permanent (non Latin fonts) subtitles to some DivX /XviD movies, for playing on a stand alone DVD player with DivX /XviD support - normally I could use Avisub22 (an excellent program, doesn’t reconvert the video – I think), but doesn’t work with all the .avi files. Some times the program can finish without any errors, but the avisub file I got has no video – only sound, other files are just fine and perfectly playable with permanent subs on the DVD player. Because of this problem, some times I prefer to use the other excellent program Txt2Vobsub, it converts only the subtitles from ***.srt to ***.idx and ***.sub and the DVD player shows them correctly.

The only problem I have with it is the color palette when played on DVD player. Generated idx/sub subtitles look just fine on computer, but look very weird, blurry, and pinkish-bluish - and, basically, unacceptable on any DVD player with which I tried them. I read the tutorial, and see that there is a suggestion to use color scheme from IFO file. I tried that too without success.

The fact is - there is a movie in .avi format, and subtitles in .srt. That's it. If the srt was in ANSI, it would be no problem either, because a DVD player can support srt subtitles with Latin fonts.

But my subtitles are in the language that uses different charset, so I have to convert srt into idx/sub.

So - back to my question. Is it possible to set color palette in idx/sub?
    Does anyone manage to use it properly?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ......I experimented a little bit with the Colors options, when I set Antialias, Outine and Text to white – I’m getting all black subtitles – not readable and not nice looking, but this means that maybe there is a combination of colors that can set the color palette to White.

I tried with all black and I got the same black subs. If I put the “Antialias” to Grey, “Outine” to black and “Text” to white, the result is funny looking pink subs with dark blue shadows. Some other combination gave me black subs with blue shadows……

So three columns with 15 colors each = 3375 combinations, it will take forever to guess….
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, my friend? Could you guess the combination at last? Im facing the same predicment right now...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by uher View Post
    I’m adding permanent (non Latin fonts) subtitles to some DivX /XviD movies, for playing on a stand alone DVD player with DivX /XviD support - normally I could use Avisub22 (an excellent program, doesn’t reconvert the video – I think), but doesn’t work with all the .avi files. Some times the program can finish without any errors, but the avisub file I got has no video – only sound, other files are just fine and perfectly playable with permanent subs on the DVD player. Because of this problem, some times I prefer to use the other excellent program Txt2Vobsub, it converts only the subtitles from ***.srt to ***.idx and ***.sub and the DVD player shows them correctly.

The only problem I have with it is the color palette when played on DVD player. Generated idx/sub subtitles look just fine on computer, but look very weird, blurry, and pinkish-bluish - and, basically, unacceptable on any DVD player with which I tried them. I read the tutorial, and see that there is a suggestion to use color scheme from IFO file. I tried that too without success.

The fact is - there is a movie in .avi format, and subtitles in .srt. That's it. If the srt was in ANSI, it would be no problem either, because a DVD player can support srt subtitles with Latin fonts.

But my subtitles are in the language that uses different charset, so I have to convert srt into idx/sub.

So - back to my question. Is it possible to set color palette in idx/sub?
    Does anyone manage to use it properly?

All u need is a software VobSubStrip comes with K-lite Codecs. Make an sub/idx file with PC only color option. After creating it, put it in VobSubStrip and process it. It's Done. LOL
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All u need is a software VobSubStrip comes with K-lite Codecs. Make an sub/idx file with PC only color option. After creating it, put it in VobSubStrip and process it. It's Done. LOL[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but at last there was no need of any external program. Txt2Vobs has the "PC only" option, only I hadn´t found it yet. It works as a charm on my Oppo BD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for this program,,,
    vesion 4.2

Problem with color,, I use some color,, it work fine and does not change when i generate separate subtitle ,, but when I use batch files for multiple sub, all color is change and nothing as i want,, let say I make font color yellow,, when i use it for batch it change all to white...
    anyone has an idea
    Quote Quote