VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an mkv file I've tried converting to mpg via Any Video Converter, then burning to dvd using Burn4Free, but can't get the right picture size for our tv. The tv screen measures approx. 44 1/2 inches x 24 1/2 inches. The aspect ratio of the mkv file is 1280 x 544. I've tried burning it in 720x1280 & 1080x1920 formats but the picture didn't take up the entire screen in either case. It seems to have reduced the width/height ratio since the borders on top & bottom are thinner than those on either side, whereas it was the other way around before I changed the aspect ratio. I'd like to get the picture to take up the entire screen either vertically or horizontally (not necessarily both). Anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your picture isn't the same ratio as your tv, so you've got two ways to wreck it and one way to keep it correct. -- Squish it, chop off the ends, or leave it the way it's supposed to be.
    Quote Quote  
  3. A 2.35:1 movie isn't supposed to fill a 16:9 screen. If your TV has a zoom feature try that -- but you'll lose the left and right edges of the picture.
    Quote Quote