VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello from Denmark

My problem is, that i spend tons and tons of time creating nice home-made box-sets with the same theme of trading stuff, things i really have bought as new, things borrowed from friends or from the library or things recorded from the television. When i try to combine a lot of things on one box-set, i typically need more disc-space, and then i use my stand-alone burner for combining several DVD's on one blank DVD. But when i do that, i need to start with creating a code-free DVD+r (if my "original" is a new DVD), because this one is much easier to copy onto a DVD+r.

I know that there exist some copyprotection-removing devices (i actually own one), but these don't work in 100% of the cases, and i STILL want to have clones on my harddisk, because i now and then sell some of my new DVDs when i have transferred them to my compilation.

So the PERFECT solution for me would be a programme like DVDFabdecrypter, but even though there are limits to my stupidness within computers, i STILL only know very little, so i desperately hope that someone can/will guide me through how it works. What especially thrills me is that i have heard that it completely removes all region codes.

If someone has the patience in teaching me how this DVDFabDecrypter, or a similar programme which rips DVDs no matter what region, it would actually be worth some free copies from my collection of 3000 horror/sci-fi/music (just to name the three largest areas) DVD collection.

But i must warn that i don't really know a lot about computers, so explanations have to be quite simple and occassionally also detailed.

Jan

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab HD Decrypter is not hard to learn, but perhaps you first should learn about international copyright laws, as well as the VideoHelp forum rules concerning warez.

3. The region code on a DVD is simply a number. To change the region all you have to do is change the number. This has nothing to do with copy protection.

Search Comp PM
    Tutorials straight from the DVDFAB website:

http://www.dvdfab.com/en/tutorial/DVD-to-DVD-Full-Disc

http://www.dvdfab.com/en/tutorial/DVD-to-DVD-Main-Movie

This should clear up some of your confusion on the DVDFAB settings.

And welcome to the forum.

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DvaFab(like Anydvd) strips the copy protection away from the disc while its ripping. The Region Code is just a code implemented on a disc that only lets you play those discs in certain regions of the world. For Example...you cant' play a Region 3 disc in the United States(Region 1). There are workarounds for Region Codes. DvdFab actually has a free Region Code tool at their site that makes any set of dvd(vob) files Region Free. You can also get certain Dvd Players that have the ability to be "hacked" or modified so that they will play all Region Code discs(like Philips, they have many models which can play all Regions and Formats). DvdFab and AnyDvd already have settings to make the dvd's you rip, Region Free, so you won't have to worry about that too much.

I don't think we should be worrying too much about copyright laws considering every week we get a new post in here about a new dvd (Avatar or some facsimile) that cant be ripped and that doesn't get much attention in posts. Obviously thats the same thing dealing with copyright laws. The user is new and needed some help, not a comment on copyright. Also didn't read anything about a mention of "warez" in his post.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vladorlok View Post
    My problem is, that i spend tons and tons of time creating nice home-made box-sets with the same theme of trading stuff, things i really have bought as new, things borrowed from friends or from the library or things recorded from the television.
    Originally Posted by vladorlok View Post
    If someone has the patience in teaching me how this DVDFabDecrypter, or a similar programme which rips DVDs no matter what region, it would actually be worth some free copies from my collection of 3000 horror/sci-fi/music (just to name the three largest areas) DVD collection.
    It looks to me like he has been doing some things our site rules discourage and is offering to exchange some of his rips for help. That looks like trading warez to me.

7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    vladorlok-Please do not ask for help with dvds that are being copied and shared as this is against the law and forum rules,read the forum rules next time before you post,i am closing this thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.