VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I messed up. I did not know that you had only like 5 times to play diff region dvd's and the last region you play is the region it is locked on!
    I did that and the last dvd I plyed was a region 3.
    Has this happened to anyone? Is there anyway to bypass this at all? Or is it truly locked forever? Even with reinstalling windows and system restore, it's locked...can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't know if this is considered warez but I used to use a program called DVD Genie, can't remember if that was the title but it's used to change the region on DVD-ROM drive an unlimted number of times.

Update: it is DVD Genie 8) and here's a link
    http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml
    Update: NOT WAREZ, program is freeware

I personally haven't used the program in over two years and don't know what a current version may hold, but hey it's worth a shot better than your alternatives:

-live with region 3 discs
    -playing with registry
    -format and reinstall Windows and DVD software
    -create second partition and install an OS such as Win 2000 or XP in order to install DVD software Hey do it five times and have a different region for each OS/partition and you'll have your very own region free setup Almost
    [/i]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or alternativley upgrade/reload the drive's frimware... you REALLY have to know what you are doing though.
    Quote Quote