VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm working with some game footage from my HD-PVR, I usually record in M2TS format, but I accidently made a few in MP4. I installed quicktime so the files would import into Vegas, the video seems fine. But about 47 minutes into the audio it seems to start playing audio from the beginning of the video..

If I play the MP4 in MPC or VLC it's totally fine, all the audio is there so something in Vegas is going wrong here and I'm really not sure how to fix it, perhaps there's a way to take the audio from the MP4 and reencode it into a better format for vegas?

I'm on Windows XP SP3 using Sony Vegas Pro 10c.
    Quote Quote  
  2. first try MP4Cam2avi , it might load your video and you can remux it to avi and change audio to PCM at the same time, then not sure if just Vegas alone will read those, mine is using ffdshow to read it

standard method is using intermediate file - but not sure how familiar you are with VirtualDub, Avisynth, and plugins like ffmegsource or DGindex for Avisynth, the goal is load it into Avisynth with those plugins , then load Avisynth script into VirtualDub and export some lossless out using lossless codecs like UT video, huffyuv, lagarith (you need to install some) together with uncompressed audio. Vegas will read those. You do not have to use lossless exporting uncompressed video but volumes of those videos are quite insane after exporting them from VirtualDub
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I finally found someone else having this problem. OP, did you try the fix suggested and did it work?
    Quote Quote