VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all -

I'm a newbie and I really do try to search for answers before I bother anyone...

I was happily converting MPEG's to DV's last night using Streamclip. It was working fabulously.

Suddenly I'm getting the message "Can't create the DV file." It's the same if I try to convert to any other file type. I can't even re-convert the ones I already converted. What the heck is going on?

I have plenty of room on my HD, I double checked permissions to the files (read/write), I rebooted, everything I could think of. I didn't change any settings.

Can anyone help? These are personal videos I'm working on for a friend as part of his portfolio - and he has a job to apply for by the end of the week. (It's always a big rush, isn't it?)

Thank you in advance!!!

Gretchen
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
    I double checked permissions to the files (read/write)
    Did you also check the permissions for the parent folders?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Disk Utility > Repair Permissions on your boot drive. (A little different than what Case suggested.)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Omigosh, I love you, all of you! Why on earth would the permissions change? I was successfully creating them in that same directory earlier. Like an hour earlier.

But you are right - the permissions about 2 folders up the tree seem to have been the culprit.

Fingers crossed all will go smoothly from here.

Phew.

Thanks again. Free beer for all of you!

Gretchen
    Quote Quote