VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, guys.

I've been looking for a software to create very simple text only menus with the files names as buttons automatically. Something like this:

http://atlas.kennesaw.edu/~dhirschl/video/generic_menu.png

Nero 8 does has a great template, but it turns a 350mb mp4/mpeg2 file into 2gb so I can only have 2 files in one disc which is not viable. Here it is:

http://techgage.com/reviews/software/nero/nero8ultra/nero_8_ultra_20_thumb.png

I also use Freemake Video Converter and it has a a good template called Text Menu which does what I want. The problem is that the font size is too small and can't be changed neither the wooden floor background. I can't use it because these dvds are for a client so it should be something more neutral (nothing fancy).

I have to make menus for about 300 files so I need a simple template that doesn't make me type all the files names in the menu. I just want it to recognize the files names and use it in the buttons. No animation and no bloating like Nero does. Just the text.

Do you know any template/software I could use?

Thank you!
    Last edited by overainbows; 10th Dec 2013 at 13:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you adjust the bitrate/quality in nero 8 to get smaller file size? bitrate*running time= file size.

What is the running time in that 350 mb clip?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I think that example looks like absolute crap, but to each his own. GUIforDVDAuthor allows you to make simple text based menus. I do this all the time. But they don't look anything like that sample PNG file, which to me looks like the way that DVD recorders do it and I don't like the look of that at all. You can do all kinds of interesting things with the simple text menus in GUIforDVDAuthor like make some parts use bigger fonts than others or change the colors of the fonts in some things. I often have non-selectable labels in my menus that I will make of a different color and font size to the selectable videos underneath them. If you can bend a little on the look of what you want, maybe GUIforDVDAuthor can meet your needs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you, Baldrick and jmam98.

I found what I wanted with ConvertXtodvd. It has a much better looking and more customizable text only template and I could fit a good amount of videos keeping the quality.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great!
    Quote Quote