VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm running into an issue with QTGMC where it's obscuring details that I want to retain. I played around last night for a couple of hours trying different presets and different switches, but I haven't yet found how to improve this. I'm sure it's a matter of finding the right knob to turn. I'm hoping that one of you guys can point me to the right knob.

See the attached screenshot. Most of the lines on the court are white. The arrow marked [A] shows a visible example of this line. However, the red arrows marked [B] show where a white line SHOULD be, but have been obfuscated by the filter. Any ideas which switch I need to change in order to preserve these lines?

Last edited by volleymeister; 18th Jun 2013 at 12:26. Reason: Updated image url
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't seem to work to direct link to that image, http://s21.postimg.org/vdx0kxcxx/86ss.png
    Quote Quote  
  3. Post a sample of the source
    Quote Quote  
  4. QTGMC does sometimes remove small details but I've never seen it screw up that badly. Yes, upload a sample of the source.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Ok that'll have to wait until this evening. Thanks gents!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i've never seen a clean sports game. and the pic you posted looks like it was heavily filtered. sports is motion noisy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    ...and THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm posting on the newbie forum.

I looked at the source, it was the same way. I pulled the tape back out and looked at it on my tv set.....same way. I can't believe the floor is painted that way, but it is. Wow.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Ok let me use this embarrassing moment to ask another question about the photo:

Look at the area near the free throw line (left-most B for the non-basketball fans). What can I do to reduce/eliminate those little diagonal lines that run along the edge there between the painted area of the floor and the woodgrain area?

Edit: those lines are not on the source video, and you can see them elsewhere in the above photo as well. They appear to be artifacts from the deinterlacing process.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Compression artifacts. There's also some of it on the group of figures under the center "B" and elsewhere. And ghosting everywhere. A look at a small chunk of the original source might tell more. The fact that the image is JPG might have something to do with it as well.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 25th Mar 2014 at 13:51.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by volleymeister View Post
    Look at the area near the free throw line (left-most B for the non-basketball fans). What can I do to reduce/eliminate those little diagonal lines that run along the edge there between the painted area of the floor and the woodgrain area?
    I'm pretty sure those are dot crawl artifacts. Do they move during a still shot? Try a dot crawl filter. Run it first, while the video is interlaced.
    Last edited by jagabo; 19th Jun 2013 at 16:54.
    Quote Quote