VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been entrusted to output a number of movies from Quicktime using a codec to suit our needs. The existing movie is a 3DMax training video recorded using a screen recorder. I've tried using H264 and it's excellent but I would like to see a smaller file size as we have 80 to get on a DVD. So in short I'm looking for a codec which works well with only a small amount of pixels changing in specific areas of the screen. Most are static. I'm happy with the audio side of things just need some advice on the video settings.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    H264 is very good for small file sizes. Lower the video bitrate to get smaller size and don't use too high video frame size / resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Frame size is unfortunately fixed at 788x580 and frame rate 15fps. I thought there just may be a particular codec for this sort of work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by patrean
    Frame size is unfortunately fixed at 788x580 and frame rate 15fps. I thought there just may be a particular codec for this sort of work.
    Yes, h.264.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the confirmation before I batch 80 files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by patrean
    Thanks for the confirmation before I batch 80 files.
    If you mean a DVD that will play in a regular DVD player, you will have to use MPEG2 and live with much bigger files. And you'll have to resize the frame to a DVD compatible size.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No worries it's simply a DVD containing .mov's.
    Quote Quote