VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Fraps create HUGE files, so I downloaded Virtual dub - where I could go into the option - Compress -> Xvid and the file would go from 3,95 GB to 175 MB with minimal quality loss.

But I would also be able to add effects, like fade in and fade out.
    And I would prefer a program that could take advantage of a Quad Core CPU.

Does anyone know a good program?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub has a ton of filters/plug-ins you can download, just google it and you'll find em.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Virtualdub has a ton of filters/plug-ins you can download, just google it and you'll find em.
    1. How do I use it? I Downloaded a .vfd file
    I went to filter -> add. I got some error. Something along the lines of "Cannot load plugin module - %1 is not a valid win32 program"

2. But what if I want to add music and stuff? Would something like Sony Vegas be as fast as, let's say, Virtualdub? Maybe a bit slower due to some effects.
    Last edited by torchi12; 14th Jun 2012 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. you put the plugin in the plugins or plugins32 folder within the vdub folder

it's harder to do editing and transitions in vdub, but it can be done

vegas is a non linear video editor, but not free. It usually won't be as fast or lightweight as vdub, and takes much more system resources. But if you have a compatible GPU some effects and h.264/mpeg2 encoding are accelerated so it might actually be faster in the end depending on what you're doing

xvid won't give you as good compression or quality as h.264
    Quote Quote