VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a code to unlock this DVD player. Got it from Walmart, about $100 so should be quite popular but I can't find a code anywhere.
    Thanks for any help / guidance.

Gibbo.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, your assumption that it should be popular because you bought it at Walmart is not valid. I've never even heard of this player.

Second, the majority of DVD players sold in the USA cannot be unlocked. Should you wonder, I'm not aware of any BluRay players sold in the USA that can be unlocked except via hardware mods and that's only for Oppo and Momitsu. The reason you can't find a code is because there probably isn't one and there may not ever be one. Offhand the only DVD players sold in the USA that I can think of that may still be able to be unlocked are some specific Pioneer and Philips models, but not everything those 2 companies sell in the USA can be unlocked.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have one but I can not get it to power on. I think it came with the wrong remote. It does not look like the one shown in the instruction manual and does not have a power button. I called the ph # in the manual but they were no help at all. Can any one help.
    Last edited by Ralphfuh; 22nd Jan 2014 at 21:55.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Don't dig up old threads here to add to them. The purpose of this thread was to talk about unlocking this player, not for anybody to post any old question about the player. You should have made a new thread.

Is the player new enough that you can take it back? Then do so. If it's years old then it's probably just dead. Time to buy another player. This is a no name brand that WalMart sells on the cheap. Those kinds of companies don't ever have helpful support staff. Anyway, your "won't come on" issue means you really need to take the player back if it's new and just get a different player in exchange.
    Quote Quote