VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I converted a DVD from PAL to NTSC using TMPGEnc (I am using: “3:2 Pulldown when play back” and “Do not frame rate conversion”, "interlace", "field A"); the problem is that when I play the NTSC DVD at some point the entire screen start to shake, especially when there are fast motions. I know that when I am too short in bitrate the video start to show small square blocks all over the screen, however this is NOT the case (I have used 6000 bitrate – more than enough for a 90 minutes movie). When there is no much motion in the movie then seems to play correctly. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve this problem?

Thank you a million.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

Take a look at this THREAD which is here on DVDRHELP

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167988&highlight=

This should help you out

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like your field order is wrong. Although most DVD's are top field (A) first, yours may not be. Try reversing the setting, and encode a small clip on one of the scenes where you noticed this 'jump' to see if it resolves the problem.
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did try field B but it's still the same crap

What else can I try?????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You've verified that this 'shake' is not in your source files?

Can you describe it in more detail? Have you looked at it on a frame by frame basis to see exactly what this shake is?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I look at the original DVD in my PC ad it appear that original DVD does the same thing therefore it has nothing to do with my conversion. It is kind strange since it's a original DVD from an old Italian movie ( I am sure it was produced from VHS) .... I guess they did a very lousy job!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lessons learned

I've been bitten by the same thing before. When in doubt, always verify your source doesn't have the problem. You'd be suprised at some of the garbage put out onto DVD. Most people here could do a better job 8)
    Quote Quote