VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've seen capture clips from cheap capture cards, DVC2, ATI-All-in-Wonder8500dv, and I notice that most of the capture cards have one annoying thing in common, they produce captures with a black space on each side of the image. Let's say you capture video at 640x480, it's not truly 640x480 because 10 or so pixels on each side of the image will be just black. I have seen this in each of the sample clips except the ones captured by the Ati-all-in-wonder 8500dv, although that could have been edited. Some capture cards are worse than others, the worse I seen was around 25 pixels per side, ouch! Do all these capture products do this? What about DV capture products like the Dazzle Hollywood dv bridge? Now I'm planning on capturing SVCD's so I'm still searching for the best product to do that, but I fear that these black spaces will show up when watching the SVCD on TV. What do you guys think?[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Depends on how many black pixels the broadcasting station puts in. It's all cut away and they know it. It has nothing to do with cap cards.
    Quote Quote