VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What is the difference between Nero and Nero Express?

I got Nero Express with my CDRW drive. When I install first time I am getting nero burning rom but after exiting from the application I dont even see the nero burning rom option on my desktop.

There is no option to go back to nero from nero express (but the documentation says so).

From nero express I am not able to select "nonstandard CD" option while creating VCD.

Someone please help me.

Thanks and Regards
    Dominic
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't used Express much, but I think it's just sort of a template or wizzard type thing to help you through the process. I just use burning rom, so I could be mistaken. If you are actually looking at Nero Express you should have a box to close express and go back to Nero burning rom.

Nero Vision Express on the other hand is sort of a different program. You can supposedly capture video with it (never shows I have a capture card for me though) and drag your already captured files into it and it creates your DVD files for you. Probably will burn the disk also. I don't like it so I don't use it, but that's about basics I beleave. It seems to be it's own program, so it does not have and option to go back to nero burning rom that I know of.

Both should show in your start/programs menu if you have both. Niether is on the desktop, unless you put it there. Or I selected to not put it there on mine? Win 2k pro.
    Ahead Nero (burning rom) and Nero Vision. I think it's confusing and dumb of them to have two dififferent things called Nero Express doing different stuff, but both programs have a nero express!
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by overloaded_ide
    Both should show in your start/programs menu if you have both. Niether is on the desktop, unless you put it there. Or I selected to not put it there on mine? Win 2k pro.
    After installing I can see both the programs through Windows Start/Programs Menu. But After exiting for the application I see only Nero Express. I think my serial number is just for nero express and nero and Nero express are two different animals and integrated in to a single application. I am not sure and my OEM CD says its Nero Express.

The documentation says press "Go Nero" button to go back to "Nero Burning Rom". But there is a button NERO and if I press it shows www.nero.com. (See the image)

Regards
    Dominic
    Quote Quote  
  4. It might be the type oem you got then? If your disk says nero express, maybe you didn't actually get nero burning rom with it?

I have the exact screen you posted. If I click the nero button I get a pop up warning type box I am closing express and about to be switched to the more powerful nero. Then click ok and I am in regular Nero.

In start/programs I have Ahead Nero and in that I have a choice of Nero burning rom or Nero Express. You don't have a choice, just express?
    Also when I piont o the menu for nero buroning rom I have several other things to choose from, like cover designer and others.

What drive did you get that oem with? When I buy lite-ons I think I got both. Mine have had the registrations codes entered plus I added other stuff since then too. But I am pretty sure when I installed my Nero stuff I had both, but for sure I have always had the regular nero.

Afraid I can't help ya much on this, maybe someone else will be able to.
    I'd check the docs and box, then e-mail whoever made the drive and see if your suposed to have both or just express in the version you got.
    If you check the nero site you might be able to download a copy of nero, then see if your key works. My OEMs work fully, but only on the drive they came with, found that out when I had 2 burners installed. I could only use the nero with the lite-on it came with. SO maybe you can unlock a nero for just your burner with that key?? I only ever had one key with an oem nero, but both install.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for your response.

Originally Posted by overloaded_ide
    It might be the type oem you got then? If your disk says nero express, maybe you didn't actually get nero burning rom with it?
    Yes. Actually I gor Nero Burning ROM but my Serial number changes it to Nero Express only.

In start/programs I have Ahead Nero and in that I have a choice of Nero burning rom or Nero Express. You don't have a choice, just express?
    Also when I piont o the menu for nero buroning rom I have several other things to choose from, like cover designer and others.
    I do have all those including tools, cover designer, and InCD etc
    What drive did you get that oem with? When I buy lite-ons I think I got both. Mine have had the registrations codes entered plus I added other stuff since then too. But I am pretty sure when I installed my Nero stuff I had both, but for sure I have always had the regular nero.
    I got one set each with CenDyne CDRW and DVD+RW. So I have two serial numbers and bith Nero Express.

My OEMs work fully, but only on the drive they came with, found that out when I had 2 burners installed. I could only use the nero with the lite-on it came with. SO maybe you can unlock a nero for just your burner with that key?? I only ever had one key with an oem nero, but both install.
    I tried it and It doesnt work. Anyway thank for your responses. Today I am going to give cendyne a call.

Regards
    Dominic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use NERO EXPRESS all the time to burn my DVD's. Despite what others may say I think this is a great program to burn DVD's with.

Good Luck.

SLICK RICK
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Nobody likes a bunch of yackity-yack.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Let us know what cendyne says about it. I never bought one of those drives yet, but I might sometime for friends or whatever and would like to know too.

Curruntly I try to get lite-ons for cd burners, and haven't decided on anything specific yet for DVD burners. I like my toshiba so far.

But I buy what people want installed too, so I may be doing cendynes sometime.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  8. overloaded_ide

I spoke to Cendyne CSR and after verifying few things he gave a new serial number for Nero and now nero works exactly like "yours".

Thank You overloaded_ide
    Regards
    Dominic
    Quote Quote