VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, sorry to sign up just to demand help, but all of my google reading has brought me back to your forum.

I filmed a show last week for a friend on an HD camera. Unfortunately, when I stopped the recording, the camera appeared to crash and had to be forced to turn off. I have 3GB of data that now cannot be played.

Google suggests that at least some of the video is probably recoverable, and that it is a footer issue. I have read up on Hexs and found a hex editor. I have also compared the hex of videos from the same camera that do work. I'd hoped that it would be as simple as closing a piece of HTML coding. Clearly I was wrong.

Is anyone able to give me any pointers as to how I may go about fixing the coding? Or salvaging any of the video at all? I'm really quite desperate at this point! Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Video repair tool might be worth it. Try the trial first. It has worked for most mp4 I have repaired.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for that link.

I downloaded the software and ran it, but unfortunately, even through all of the values were above the 0.6 that it said was necessary for recovery, it was unable to restore any of my video

On the bright side, I suppose at least it means that the data is in there somewhere!
    Quote Quote