VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    It gets completely messed up. The video plays perfectly on my PC, but when uploading it to youtube it gets screwed. The first logo shows for a flash of a second, the second logo only shows for a very short time.

I've tried everything I can think of... Different codecs, different framerates, with the music, without the music. Different resolutions. Different containers. Nothing helps.

Seriously I've lost 10 hours of my life to this. Rendered my videos twice and rendered and uploaded just the intro about 40 times with different settings.

http://youtu.be/2UEh50ssjv8

The original file is here.

http://ge.tt/1ql52KQ1/v/0?c

Any help much appreciated. I'm going insane.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I assume that you have tried x264 and mkv container?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Actually I tried x264vfw H.264 with .avi and youtube couldn't process it at all. The app I'm using Photostage Slideshow producer doesn't have mkv container.

The strange thing is they play perfectly in any video player on my PC. If I load them in freemake and play them in the freemake editor, the same thing happens as what happens when uploading them to youtube (haven't tried processing the files outputted by Photostage with Freemake).

Can you suggest a free, simple program that can turn .png or .jpg into .mkv with some simple duration edits and add sound files as well? I'm seriously going out of my head here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You should try x264 in mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Can you suggest any free app that can do what I need? Just throw a few .jpg / .png together with some duration controls and add a couple of sound files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. As a quick test, try remuxing your AVI into an MKV with MMG (part of MkvToolnix).

Also, your first audio sample should fade to silence at the end to prevent the click.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I ended up using Wondershare and it converted and works find on youtube now (mkv h264). Thanks for tips. I'm rendering the entire video now. Hopefully it works out.

Unfortunately Wondershare lacks the most important feature, which is editing image duration to .5 second, so I did as you suggested and used the previously exported .avi from Photostage (in Wondershare).

I tried several times previously with official Divx 10 converter with crap results.

I seriously think I lost about 5 kilos the last 20 hours.

So I guess I can create with Photostage and remux to .mkv in the future if I need fine tuning duration control that Wondershare doesn't provide. Unless someone can recommend a free alternative... Strange in 2014 there's no basic free and decent video creator / editor that can export with mkv container. Perhaps due to licensing costs of the codecs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Strange in 2014 there's no basic free and decent video creator / editor that can export with mkv container. Perhaps due to licensing costs of the codecs?
    How about an advanced free video editor that can export x264 or x265 in mkv, mp4 or elemental streams? AviUtl can..........

For basic, you can use AviDemux also free. ShotCut is also basic, free and can do what you want....
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote