VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was running Windows 8 when using the program but YAMB is missing the vital buttons to enable me to upload the file. The displayed page appears to have the right hand bit cut off. Someone suggested upgrading to 8.1 which I have done but to no avail.

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right section as it is loosely subs related as I was trying to strip a timed text file from an apple MP4 and convert it to srt.

BTW I am using the 'latest' version of YAMB.

Many thanks...

Greg
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try mymp4boxgui to extract/demux the subtitle track.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yamb looks very good and simple to use but I will try your suggestion. Will it be able to convert the timed text file to an srt file once extracted as I need it to be able to play it on my parents TV who need the subs?
    Last edited by Greg2041; 11th Jun 2014 at 05:50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Tried it. It extracts the time text to srt but the srt file contains nothing. I am guessing it must be something to do with the way Apple encodes the text?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorted. I used CCextractorGUI in the end and it worked fine once I hit the MP4 button in the input box.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So it supports mp4 directly?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yup but the MP4 box must be ticked. The 'autodetect' doesn't work. Just done another file too.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!