VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello !

I just joined this forum. I got a new dv cam here. the model of this thing is : SONY HDR - SR1.

apparently it records direct to a built in hard drive.

my question is: it seems to use HDMI. how do I capture into my system , i probably need an hdmi capture card.

I currently use canon ZR model dv cams for video, and go through firewire (mini to full size firewire) capturing to premiere.

this new thing has hdmi. so i guess i need an hdmi capture card for the system

?

thanks
    mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are HDMI capture cards, but for what you want you do not need that. The SR1 is an ancient AVCHD (not DV) Sony camcorder that has a built-in hard drive. The shots you take get captured to this drive. After that you connect the camcorder to the computer via USB; it appears as an external drive, where you can now copy the captured files from.
    Since it seems you're new to this, a greater concern would be to identify the files on the camcorder hard drive after capture: folder structure, info files, actual captured files, etc,
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most all camcorders with an internal HDD can output via USB. Ones like mine output in H.264 format.

And I changed your title. In the future, please use a title that is descriptive of your subject. I have changed yours this time.

Moderator redwudz

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Word of advise **DO NOT ORDER CAPTURE CARDS FROM EBAY or CHINA**
    Quote Quote