VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using potplayer for quite some time now with absolutely no issues but just bought a new laptop and am coming across a very odd issue that I am having difficulty fixing.

Basically the video will not fill the screen and is stuck in the upper left corner. I've tried changing several settings but with no luck.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Pictures attached.

Windowed
    Click image for larger version

Name:	windowed.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	21858

Fullscreen
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullscreen.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	21859

If I am playing a 1080p video it is perfectly fine. Anything lower-res than that has this issue. Changing the aspect ratio stretches the video but it does for the entire video including the dark grey box where the video isnt filling to. Using pan & scan, it will zoom in but zooms in on the upper left box and doesnt fill any further.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated!

No clue why but if I open up potplayer.exe instead of potplayermini.exe it works fine. Suppose I could go in and change the file associations but still kind of odd.
    Last edited by ominouswanderer; 10th Dec 2013 at 07:22.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Potplayer.exe??? I have only the Potplayermini.exe in the potplayer installation folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check the default Aspect Ratio setting. Default for some reason is "free", which causes various display issues. Set it to "fit to video" which will display the video at it's encoded resolution. Or you can change the output to match the screen resolution.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote