VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am lookinf for the best free game software out there that uses minimal resources.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You haven't provided enough information. The best free capture software for which capture device?

Also your PC details don't mention the CPU, and having just one hard drive may cause a problem. Even free capture software does have minimum technical requirements.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by drunkelf34 View Post
    I am lookinf for the best free game software out there that uses minimal resources.
    AmarecTV is your software.

Its have auto-deinterlaced option, accept all resolutions, any vfw/ds codec to record, enable option to stream via lan. Full freeware.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a reason is why I wanted to know about the capture device before recommending software. AmaRecTV does not work with every capture device. It works with most capture devices that can use software for encoding. AmaRecTV works with no capture devices that only use on-board hardware for encoding.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    There is a reason is why I wanted to know about the capture device before recommending software. AmaRecTV does not work with every capture device. It works with most capture devices that can use software for encoding. AmaRecTV works with no capture devices that only use on-board hardware for encoding.
    I agree usually but others softwares, mostly, are not free. ATV has good options for capture mode but I miss one, OBS.

Its have all AmarecTV features and work in any capture card hardware/software record.

Code:
    Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source for video recording and live streaming. 

Supported features include:

Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
        Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
        Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
        Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
        File output to MP4 or FLV.
        GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
        DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
        Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
        Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Maybe he's talking about screen capture.

For hardware it depends on what hardware you have. But with a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition the software that comes with it has one very good feature.: you can start capturing by pressing the button on top of the unit. The software runs in the background and since it's a hardware h.264 encoder there is essentially no CPU load. That makes it easy to capture on the same computer you're playing on.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only way Open Broadcaster would be able to work with any capture device that can only hardware encode is to record the screen. Maybe you should have made that clear. Perhaps the OP doesn't want a screen recorder. ...or maybe he does. We won't know unless he answers some questions.

Not waiting for the OP to answer a few questions is irresponsible. None of us must go to the trouble of to uninstalling the software if it doesn't work or is too hard to use. The OP does.

[Edit]It appears that Open Broadcaster requires Windows Vista or later, for DirectX 10. It won't work for Windows XP, which is what the OP lists in his computer details.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jul 2014 at 11:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe my mistake usually but its instinctive.

The OP has 4 options (all freewares):

1 - Capture video card software - AmarecTV
    2 - Capture Screen software - CAMSTUDIO
    3 - Capture game software - MSI Afterburner
    4 - Capture and Stream software - OBS

Based in low/none info my atempt is help. Various guys post and go to never back.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Maybe my mistake usually but its instinctive.

The OP has 4 options (all freewares):

1 - Capture video card software - AmarecTV
    2 - Capture Screen software - CAMSTUDIO
    3 - Capture game software - MSI Afterburner
    4 - Capture and Stream software - OBS

Based in low/none info my atempt is help. Various guys post and go to never back.
    I'm repeating myself, but OBS doesn't work with Windows XP, which is what the OP lists in his computer details. XP doesn't support DirectX 10.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK sorry people let me clear thinfgs up

I have a 3.2 dual core cpu I dont know if that tells you much I dont actually know what make or anything
    ati radeon hd 5750
    2 gig ram
    windows xp service pack 3

I dont know I I will be able to capture sound and video.I think capturing only video is going to be hard enough I know some programs uses a lot of cpu power and some do not.Fraps thats not free uses a lot.Its like a screen recorder but for games if I can capture sound if my little pc can perform such mightty task maybe I would like to do that.Thing is diffrint programs uses diffrint resources.

So I dont have the best pc in the world I might want to capture sound as well as video but would settle for only video.a screen recorder fo games.Sorry for not providing more information from the start

What is a capture device?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK sorry people let me clear thinfgs up

I have a 3.2 dual core cpu I dont know if that tells you much I dont actually know what make or anything
    ati radeon hd 5750
    2 gig ram
    windows xp service pack 3

I dont know I I will be able to capture sound and video.I think capturing only video is going to be hard enough I know some programs uses a lot of cpu power and some do not.Fraps thats not free uses a lot.Its like a screen recorder but for games if I can capture sound if my little pc can perform such mightty task maybe I would like to do that.Thing is diffrint programs uses diffrint resources.

So I dont have the best pc in the world I might want to capture sound as well as video but would settle for only video.a screen recorder fo games.Sorry for not providing more information from the start
    My guess is that you will not be able to capture your entire monitor screen while playing a game on that PC, but I don't really use screen capture myself. I use capture devices to record. Someone else needs to advise you on what you would need to do to use screen capture for recording game play on that PC.

What is a capture device?
    If that is not a rhetorical question, the Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 is one example.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SO should I just forget about it?What about open broadcaster software has very low system requirements however playing a game and recording it?

Should I forget about it?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SO should I just forget about it?What about open broadcaster software has very low system requirements however playing a game and recording it?

Should I forget about it?
    How many times do I have to say that Open Broadcaster doesn't work with XP? It requires Vista and above. From the FAQs at Open Broadcaster's website:

Will this ever work on Windows XP? What about Mac and Linux?
    Windows XP unfortunately lacks DirectX 10 features and the audio subsystem present in Vista and up that OBS makes use of, and as such, will never be supported. OBS is currently being rewritten as multiplatform under the name OBS Studio. It will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux when it is done
    Something else may work. Cauptain seems to think he knows everything one needs to know on this subject. Let him advise you.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jul 2014 at 12:49. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
  14. Screen capture software will work if you're willing to live with low resolution and 15 to 30 frames per second capture. You might as well try it. Uncompressed audio capture isn't CPU intensive so you can probably capture audio as well as video. If you're looking for 1920x1080 at 60 fps you wont' be able to screen capture with a wimpy CPU.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK thanks I am downloading free screen recorder seems like a low cpu intensive piece of open software.I just try it on warcrafr 3 and see what it looks like.Propably will just forget about it

edit: very active community this is good I have many more questions.My old forum I would get like 1 reply
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK thanks I am downloading free screen recorder seems like a low cpu intensive piece of open software.I just try it on warcrafr 3 and see what it looks like.Propably will just forget about it

edit: very active community this is good I have many more questions.My old forum I would get like 1 reply
    Try MSI Afterburner to record games. Its record using MJPEG and vfw codec like X264, UT VIDEO, LAGARITH.

Low resources and very easy to setup.

For your computer record using max 30fps.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!