VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I'm getting an HDTV very soon and am limited by space. I was looking at the following two TVs:

1. Samsung 23" LCD TV

Dimensions (WxDxH) 67.6 cm x 8.5 cm x 39.3 cm

2. Samsung 26" LCD TV

Dimensions (WxHxD): 675x475.5x75 mm

Now...how is it possible that both of them are just under 68cm in width size, when they are 3 inches apart in screen size? Is this plausible? I can't go over 70cm in width size, see. Also, I imagined one of them must be in error or something, but all the sites I have been to list them as the same width size for both. I don't want to get the 26" one to find out it is much bigger. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could be many reasons. Some TVs have speakers on both sides of the picture which increases the width of the cabinet. Where others will put them under the screen. Some are wide screen TV's, which would increase the width. Also the cabinets may just have different amounts of plastic around the TV Tube to make the screen look bigger. If you are worried about the exact width, find a store that has one, and go measure it yourself, or call the Samsung support line.

The Toshiba TVs are also considered very good for the price, try looking at them as well. I just got the Toshiba 26 in Wide screen HDTV 26hf66 for $545 at a local Rex TV. It seems to be a very good TV. The 26 in TV I replaced was a Toshiba demo model I bought in 1988, and it just quit about 3 mo ago. I bought a 35 in Theater model demo a few years ago, and they replaced the picture tube for free because it was fading. I also have a Toshiba 32 in TV for about 7 years too. Overall, I have been very happy with Toshiba.
    Some days it seems as if all I'm doing is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even though it doesn't appear so from the photos, I expect the bezel is wider/thicker on the smaller TV.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Speaker placement is usually the difference. Almost everyone placed the speakers on the outside ends of the screen until Sony had great success with the Bravia line. Now many sets are available with the speakers below the screen.
    Quote Quote