VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am going out to buy one today. Was wondering if there is anything special I should know or do during install. Also what software and process have you found to work best for backing up dvds to dvd+r dl? Do you still need to use "Shrink" when using DL disc or can you just download to hard drive and burn to DL? How do you like this burner, any issues or problems? Thank you for your reply and any advice you may give me on these questions. Have a great day.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The PIONEER 710 drive is the retail version of the PIONEER 111D. I own 2 of these drives and have crossflashed them to the PIONEER 111L drive. Crossflashing advantage is booktyping to dvdrom for SINGLE LAYER DVD+R media. If you decide to crossflash you'll need to use 3rd party firmware by "THE DANGEROUS BROTHERS". In your other post I explained how to crossflash the drive.

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR111L

I've had no issues with this burner. Use good quality dvd media then you'll have no problems. BTW if you crossflash your drive you'll void the original PIONEER warranty. I've crossflashed 6 of these drives with no problems. If you decide to crossflash it do it in "SAFEMODE".

I don't burn DL media so I can't comment much on it . But I would assume you can use DVD DECRYPTER to rip to your hard drive then use IMGBURN to burn DL media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Budz, appreciate the info.
    Thank You,

GolfNut
    Quote Quote