VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys,

I have had this product >http://www.amazon.co.uk/AVerTV-CaptureHD-Digital-Recorder-Support/dp/B002MRROO4/ref=sr...ords=Avermedia for around 3 years now. I had it running flawlessly on my old build, which was Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate. It seems problem after problem has been arising on my build, Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.

I am using this motherboard > http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX/#specifications

Basically when I plug it in, it's an Unknown Device in Device manager. Whenever I run the installation CD, which in the past went without a hitch, the program installs and says Drivers installed. So I update Driver software and use Have Disk, point it to the drivers and it takes around 15 minutes, then it installs under Sound, Video and Game Controllers as AVerMedia H727 PCIe Hybrid DVBT HDMI Capture Device.

Problem is, when I click Capture in AVerMedia Centre like before, it says "No PC Tuner cards found!". Same with any other capture program. It doesn't find/see/recognise it at all? If I try update driver software again, it says after 15 mins "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it."

No matter what I do, what drivers/solutions I download, I can't get this damn thing to work on my new PC?

Also note that whenever I run any kind of Setup.exe (Reinstalling the media program from CD or anywhere) the setup is crashing. Won't let me open it or switch to it. Just an icon on my taskbar, and setup.exe running in Task manager, no installshield coming up.
    Last edited by daryljones92; 26th Jan 2014 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Uninstall everything, don't use the CD, but download the driver and Mediacenter from here:
    http://www.avermedia.eu/avertv/uk/Support/Download.aspx?Type=APDriver
    Quote Quote  
  3. Meant to say I just did what you wrote. I've been doing that pretty much round and round all day with different versions and different drivers. When the drivers install themselves, it changes in my Device Manager to Other Devices > Multimedia Video Controller with a Yellow Exclamation mark on it? That's the point I always get stuck at. So I update Driver software > Have Disk and point it to the folder that gets created in Program File (x86)\AverMedia. It then takes AGES to install and either says it encountered an ERROR but shows up as the PCI card under Sound Video and Game Controllers but doesn't work in ANY software at all. Manual install just doesn't work at all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Somewhere or other is a log file. I don't have 64-bit Windows installed so I don't know the exact name,
    in Windows XP it is \windows\setupapi.log

Find this log and review the error information. One thing you can try to find the log is to use Windows Explorer,
    get \Windows in the right pane, and sort by date modified.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can't find anything like that anywhere. The latest setup log is WindowsUpdate in C:\Windows.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Obviously the installer shouldn't take 15 minutes, more like 5 seconds.

Try a different PCIe slot, especially if you have a spare x4/x8/x16 instead of x1.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi daryljones92,

Uninstall all, reboot, download latest driver from site, extract using 7zip and install via Device Manager, .INF mode.

If not work, try change slots.

If work, try AmarecTV to check video+audio. Work? Install Aver Media Center.

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by daryljones92 View Post
    Can't find anything like that anywhere. The latest setup log is WindowsUpdate in C:\Windows.
    If the other suggestions do not work, I looked on my Windows 7 (32bit) for the file.
    Try \windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

Hopefully towards the end of the log, you'll find a relevant error.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Hi daryljones92,

Uninstall all, reboot, download latest driver from site, extract using 7zip and install via Device Manager, .INF mode.

If not work, try change slots.

If work, try AmarecTV to check video+audio. Work? Install Aver Media Center.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have no other spare PCIe slots at all.
    How do you install in device manager in INF Mode?

Also, please see the attached setupapi. I looked down at the bottom of it, and I didn't see any errors. But the avermedia driver installs are listed there for sure. i just don't know what I am looking for.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Also, please see the attached setupapi. I looked down at the bottom of it, and I didn't see any errors. But the avermedia driver installs are listed there for sure. i just don't know what I am looking for.

You can install it oppening:
    - Control Panel
    - System
    - Device Manager
    - Right-click on your desired device
    - Then click on Update Driver
    - Select on "seach driver on computer"
    - Then insert the path of your INF file
    - Click OK and Windows will install the driver for you.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post

You can install it oppening:
    - Control Panel
    - System
    - Device Manager
    - Right-click on your desired device
    - Then click on Update Driver
    - Select on "seach driver on computer"
    - Then insert the path of your INF file
    - Click OK and Windows will install the driver for you.

That's what I do, but that's when it takes AGES to install it. Then it either encounters an error after timing out, or it says it installed, lists the device under Sound, Video and Game Controllers. But it isn't recognised by any software.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was the avermedia card in the machine when you installed Windows 7 64 bit?

I would do the following. Control panel/program and features
    remove anything related to the card. Open the device manager and remove any devices related to the card.
    shutdown the machine and power off. Open the box and remove the card, reboot.

Open an elevated CMD prompt and enter these commands:
    set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
    set devmgr_show_device_details=1
    cd %SystemRoot%\System32
    start devmgmt.msc

When the device manager opens, select view/show hidden devices. Open the system and multimedia categories and remove
    anything you see related to the card.

Using Windows explorer, navigate to \windows\inf and delete oem17.inf, oem18.inf and oem19.inf
    oem20.inf, oem21.inf and oem22.inf (I got these out of the setupapi file).

Shutdown the PC and power off. Put the card back in the PC. Disconnect the PC from the internet
    and reboot. Cancel any auto-installs from the system.
    When the desktop is available wait 5 minutes for the startup items to all finish and then
    set a manual restore point to have a clean checkpoint.

Reinstall the latest mediacenter/driver package.

If it still fails, the next stop is the Microsoft Answers website.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hey Dave thanks for your continuing replies. I did everything you said in order, and when I installed the latest package, it installs the drivers to Program Files (x86)\AVermedia\H727 Hybrid HDMI Capture etc. but in device manager it is just listed still as "Multimedia Video Controller" with a Yellow Exclamation mark. From there I do what I think is most logical, click "Update Driver Software>Let me choose from a list>Show all devices>Have Disk>Program Files (x86)\AVermedia\H727 Hybrid HDMI Capture> Choose the INF file, and it recognises it in the next window. I then click Next and it sits installing for like 15 minutes for some reason....... If it is successful it says it is but then no software picks it up AT ALL. Or it will tell me an error occurred and it timed out. Really am completely stumped on this. Only happened since I moved to 64bit :P Worked instantly on my 32 bit Windows. What is the difference here? :P
    Quote Quote  
  14. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    I still say it's a mobo PCIe issue, since that's been my experience with one board and the C027.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    I still say it's a mobo PCIe issue, since that's been my experience with one board and the C027.
    It's very puzzling as this mobo is brand new. But really it's the only logical explanation at this point. Just upset I have no other slot and not much money to spare at the moment. Sucks having to have a deactivated £80 piece of hardware sitting there. :P
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you install with your anti-virus active? If so, might be worth momentarily turning off
    real-time protection and retry the install

Look to see if there is an updated BIOS for you motherboard and/or updated chipset drivers.
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX/#support

If no luck, open an account at Microsoft Answers and create a question/incident.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum?tab=Threads
    Set your Windows version and "Windows topics" to devices and drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have posted a question on MS Answers. See what happens. I have lost hope :P
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the update, let us know how it turns out.

EDIT - here's a link to an article I found, some other dude also having problems
    with this card and 64 bit OS. Perhaps some here will be relevant.

http://blog.lhyeung.net/lang/en-uk/2010/09/19/avertv-capture-hd-h727-review/
    Last edited by davexnet; 1st Feb 2014 at 17:59.
    Quote Quote