VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First of all hi to all of those who are willing to help me out...!!!

I googled up and tried searchin loads of forums but none of the places i got d answer ...for 2 hrs i was just stuck up nd found nothing (may b my bad luck )...

1. I'm playing a MKV file with softcoded subtitle (u cn turn em off) using media player classic, everything is workin fine bt m' not able to view subtitle (As i want to take screenshot with subtitle on using MPC ).
    So please help me in this or else some other way to take out multiple screensot (with subtitle on)of a MKV file then let me know.

2. How can I remove or edit subtitle for MKV file..??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the subject. You CAN already play mkv but not take screenshots with subs...huge different. .

1. Try VLC instead. It should be able to capture the subtitle also. Video->Snapshot.

2. Use mkvtoolnix to remove subs and also demux subs from the mkv so you can edit them.

VLC screenshot example with soft subtitles:
    vlcsnap-2010-01-20-22h08m09s140.png
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick...u are always quick to help out...

1. I'm able to take screenshot using MPC but not able to view subtitle...Is there any way (Using MPC) if not then no problem coz MPC can take multiple screenshots thats why was preferring it.

2. Is there any topic for using mkvtoolnix so that i can know more about it..!!

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there a option of taking multiple screenshot in VLC ???
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there a way in VLC to go through each frame in the video so that i can take precise screenshots to be made into an animated gif.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow i'm not sure anyone's been waiting 3 years for your incorrect wrong answer. vlc has a step frame by frame button. view/advanced controls.

Name:  2013-09-28_165409.png
Views: 7449
Size:  7.7 KB
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote