VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    We are the coders of iFFmpeg. A FFmpeg GUI for Mac OS X.

The last couple of years we got many requests to port iFFmpeg to Windows. We always stated it may happen in the future but never provided any ETA.
    Until now.

Last 6 months we started coding iFFmpeg 5 for Mac OS X from the ground up. This was (and still is) a very huge task but was necessary to squeeze out all possibilities of FFmpeg (read: modular way of managing video, audio, filter and subtitles streams).
    While doing this we kept in mind to make a port to Windows possible and we now have someone doing the Windows version (which will be called 'myFFmpeg').
    myFFmpeg will have 95% of the same new modular functionality as iFFmpeg 5 except with a more windows tailored GUI.
    Although the Windows version is not completely finished we are looking for experienced users who want to help us beta testing myFFmpeg.

If you want to join the beta program for myFFmpeg, please drop us a mail at info@osxbytes.com and tell us why you want to join the beta program with some background history.
    Active beta testers will of course get a free license for both Mac OS X and Windows version.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest that you give us a better definition of what you mean by "a more windows tailored GUI"

As we all know very-well , one doesn't have to give in to a 400%-flat interface,
    even under Windows 8. Yes, that means "unlazy" coding, but hey
    Quote Quote  
  3. That is a very valid and good question! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    We make OS X apps for about 10 years now and our first steps coding for Windows are a bit rough to be honest (concerning GUI)
    MS does not provide a lot of APIs for creating flashy/animated/userfriendly GUI.
    It seems 'flat' for Windows is now the way to go but the current myFFmpeg GUI is closer related to a typical OS X app. But we are still not sure if this is good or bad.

Any thoughts are welcome !

I talk to our Windows coder and see if he is willing to post some screenshots.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why no list of features, functions and filters? Just because it works well for MAC, doesn't mean it will be useful in Windows.

Lots of FFMpeg GUI's already. Some better than others. In my opinion, FFQueue is the best one and it is free. Can yours compete?

If you want beta testers, then just post a link to the program here.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, we are aware of other FFmpeg GUI's for Windows. And some are very good too.

Regarding features:
    Take iFFmpeg4 (but with a different GUI for both OSX and Windows) and add unlimited streams for audio, subtitles, metadata, filters, FFmpeg management, User preset management, support for all FFmpeg audio and video filters (both simple as complex filters), support for ALL FFmpeg options, iso export, images to movies, movies to images, multi batch encoding at the same time, support for all pro level codecs and containers, merging files and a lot more.

Differences between OSX and Windows version:
    As we already said, the Windows version will have about 95% of the same functionalities as iFFmpeg 5 (not yet released). The only big feature not available for Windows will be Watch Folders. However, if we find a good Windows API for doing this we will add it in the end too.

BTW There will be no public beta for several reasons. atm there are about 100 beta testers for iFFmpeg 5 and about 20 beta testers for Windows. We need to level the Windows beta tester to about 50. So if you want to join the beta program, send us a mail and your motivation why you want to beta test myFFmpeg.
    Last edited by osxbytes; 27th Sep 2014 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  6. We still need beta tester using Windows 7 and Vista.

If you are interested, please send us a mail to info@myffmpeg.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Still beta tester(s) needed for Vista (all other Windows versions are beta covered now).

Here is a sneak preview of myFFmpeg: http://www.myFFmpeg.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. Some progress information.

myFFmpeg is shaping up very nicely and almost ready for a release.
    Atm we are very busy making it HDPI ready.

For this we need beta testers that are using 4K displays. So if you want to join the beta program, you can drop a mail at info@myffmpeg.com
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Personally I do not like it when people or organizations sell products without disclosing who they are. Every commercial site should have an about page and bona fide company info.

http://iffmpeg.com/index.html
    Quote Quote  
  10. @newpball:
    Not sure where you are heading to with your comment.

But in case you really need to know more about us:
    We are a small company of 4 coders founded by Christophe De Vocht. We make Mac OS X and iOS apps for about 9 years now and are located in Belgium.
    Some months ago we took a new coder aboard our coder team. He is now responsible for the Windows port of iFFmpeg - called myFFmpeg.

If you are concerned we are some sort of hoax or malafide organisation, we can assure you this is not the case.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by osxbytes View Post
    If you are concerned we are some sort of hoax or malafide organisation, we can assure you this is not the case.
    I did not say that, and it was very easy to get the whois information anyways.

But eh, you seem to miss the point, why not have an about page with the information you provided here and including the reference to osxbytes:

We are a small company of 4 coders founded by Christophe De Vocht. We make Mac OS X and iOS apps for about 9 years now and are located in Belgium. Some months ago we took a new coder aboard our coder team. He is now responsible for the Windows port of iFFmpeg - called myFFmpeg.

It is just common sense and also shows professionalism that when you are a selling products on the internet you want to tell customers or potential customers about yourself.

Last edited by newpball; 11th Dec 2014 at 14:34.
    Quote Quote  
  12. [QUOTE=newpball;2361898]
    But eh, you seem to miss the point, why not have an about page with exactly the information you provided here:
    We never thought about it and you are the first pointing this out to us.
    However, all our detailed information is mentioned on the invoice you receive when you buy a product from us.

But you may have a point here.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=osxbytes;2361901]
    Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    But eh, you seem to miss the point, why not have an about page with exactly the information you provided here:
    We never thought about it and you are the first pointing this out to us.
    However, all our detailed information is mentioned on the invoice you receive when you buy a product from us.

But you may have a point here.
    Allez, then we are all content!

Quote Quote  
  14. Update:

We are glad to announce myFFmpeg is almost ready for public release.
    And all beta testers were unanimous : myFFmpeg is amazing. So stay tuned and see for yourself.

BTW We partially update the site: www.myffmpeg.com
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    I read on your website that the name FFmpeg is trademarked, is that factually correct?
    Quote Quote  
  16. According the ffmpeg.org site it is:
    http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html

Trademark
    FFmpeg is a trademark of Fabrice Bellard, originator of the FFmpeg project.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search PM
    According the ffmpeg.org site it is:

Trademark
    I realize that, but a quick database search (both in the US and in Belgium) did not show up anything for me.

Certainly it may be a good idea to trademark the name, not in the least to protect it from someone else running away with it!

Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    According the ffmpeg.org site it is:

Trademark
    I realize that, but a quick database search did not show up anything for me.

Certainly it may be a good idea to trademark the name, not in the least to protect it from someone else running away with it!

Thats up to Fabrice Bellard. But not sure if he is still actively involved (or any source fork).
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!