Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Im new to this forum so if this is already up im sorry. Anyways

The Problem = im trying to convert my MKV. files to AVI. files using

MKVtoolnix - MKVextract GUI - to extract everything

DbpowerAMP Music converter - to convert the aac audio file to MP3

VirtualDubMod - To put it all back together

My problem is with any anime MKV. with the first audio as Japanese and the second as English
    (i have sucsesfully converted 14 MKV's of the same series with English as the first language and Japanese as the second)

The audio and video is out of sync and the completed AVI file has a running time of 19.54 instead of 24.11 but the video is all there

The video is only 19mins 54seconds but the audio is fine at 24mins 11seconds WHY

I have tried reinstaling all of the programs as i thought it might of been an error ive tried converting with change frame rate so video and audio durations match but to no avail

PLEASE HELP IM TEARING MY HAIR OUT (and i need my hair)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mkv supports VFR. When you assume that something is CFR (as happens if you extract to avi) when it is infact VFR, the length changes.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try to extract the mkv (video only) with the latest version of virtualdubmod. You can try to extract the audio too but VDM doesn't support all audio. And the audio may come out weird and will not work. So better use MKVextract GUI instead.
    Extract the rest of the mkv with MKVtoolnix - MKVextract GUI.
    If you can't open the mkv in virtualdubmod modify the mkv file with one of those mkv tools. Delete all subs, other files and maybe the audio too so you left with the video file only. You should be able to open it now.
    It took me awhile to come up with this method, but it should work. I haven't done any mkv reencoding for some time so maybe there's a shorter way, because doing my way takes loads of time.

I had that problem too.. all those frustration
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have uses MKVmerge GUI to make a file with just the Video then extracted the Audio and Subs with MKVextract GUI, converted the audio to MP3 using dBpower AMP then put it all back together with Virtual Dub Mod

WORKS A TREAT 8)

IM SO HAPPY THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Quote Quote